VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Did you know what the arrow meant?

• Yes

• No

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
8,362 Posts
I will admit to not noticing the arrow until a few years ago. But now that I’m turning over vehicles faster than I used to and seemingly having some early onset memory loss I rely on it now. I just filled up our Honda (that we’ve owned for 3+ years) tonight and I consulted the arrow before pulling up to the pump.

·
Registered
2013, VW GTI
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will admit to not noticing the arrow until a few years ago. But now that I’m turning over vehicles faster than I used to and seemingly having some early onset memory loss I rely on it now. I just filled up our Honda (that we’ve owned for 3+ years) tonight and I consulted the arrow before pulling up to the pump.
Given I often times find myself driving friends and family cars, knowing this will certainly make certain previously difficult situations easier.
These are just a few situations where not relying on the owner to tell me what side to pull up at the gas station, would have been nice : Driving drunk friends home, family member getting driven home after certain dental work, family undergoing brain surgery and forgetting.
Thanks a bunch for sharing!

·
Registered
36,287 Posts
It used to actually read "fuel door" with an arrow next to it. Manufacturers have gotten so cheap they're trying to save on instrument cluster ink. :LOL:

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Helpful for rental cars. Not so much when you pull up to the wrong side of the pump and get to do the dance to flip around, or try and see if the hose will extend across.

I swear at sams club every single old fart there has no idea the hoses can reach either side, and they still clog up the diesel pumps while leaving half the gas only pumps empty.

·
Registered
2013, VW GTI
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Helpful for rental cars. Not so much when you pull up to the wrong side of the pump and get to do the dance to flip around, or try and see if the hose will extend across.

I swear at sams club every single old fart there has no idea the hoses can reach either side, and they still clog up the diesel pumps while leaving half the gas only pumps empty.
Very true, thanks for sharing.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts