VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, I nearly got side-swiped by a woman in a Volvo S40 who failed to look to her left when making lane changes. I wasn't even in her blind spot, I was almost neck to neck with her next to her on the highway.
Another instance I had a volvo driver hit the brakes hard on me when I was behind him doing 90 and I had to quickly dodge him when he hit the brakes, the moron had like 1 tractor trailor worth of distance when he braked, before some traffic ahead.

Two years ago, I was at Masters Autobody shop in LI, NY. The owner told me that
"volvo drivers are something else, always back at the autobody shop for repairs.."
I thought people who buy volvos for safety are people who drive very safely but some of these Volvo drivers I've seen are some of the biggest idiots on the road.

[Modified by Traderx25, 9:42 AM 11-29-2002]

·
Registered
26,702 Posts
Re: Do you think Volvo drivers are not the best drivers on the road? (Traderx25)

Nice generalization

·
Registered
760 Posts
Re: Do you think Volvo drivers are not the best drivers on the road? (coldweatherblue)

I drive a Volvo and I am a good driver, but there are two blonds I see driving around in a XC, and well,

·
Banned
4,560 Posts
Re: Do you think Volvo drivers are not the best drivers on the road? (coldweatherblue)

Gee, I suggested the same thing a couple months ago, but about SUV drivers.
I guess we all have a general perception about certain makes/models, and their drivers.
I have since broadened my perception and in addition to SUV drivers, I think SAAB and a lot of fellow VW drivers are idiots. But that is just my own perception, and I do realize there are MANY excellent drivers of these brands out there.
My father hates being stuck behind Saturns and Volvos because he sees their drivers as overly timid. In his case the anticipation of becoming annoyed or impatient feeds into him actually becoming impatient quicker than he would with any other car.
Basically if you are looking for Volvo driver's to do something stupid, you will notice when they do. At the same time you might miss another car's driver doing something equally dumb, simply because you are looking for Volvo drivers to screw up.
No brand has a monopoly on stupid manuevers.

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Re: Do you think Volvo drivers are not the best drivers on the road? (Traderx25)

quote:[HR][/HR]
Another instance I had a volvo driver hit the brakes hard on me when I was behind him doing 90 and I had to quickly dodge him when he hit the brakes, the moron had like 1 tractor trailor worth of distance when he braked, before some traffic ahead.

[HR][/HR]​
erm...that's your fault. "Failure to maintain safe following distance" is the citation given to most drivers when they rear end someone.

·
Registered
172 Posts

Who said Volvo drivers are the best drivers on the road in the first place?
I drive a Volvo.

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
Re: Do you think Volvo drivers are not the best drivers on the road? (Bob Roberts)

quote:[HR][/HR]My father hates being stuck behind Saturns and Volvos because he sees their drivers as overly timid. In his case the anticipation of becoming annoyed or impatient feeds into him actually becoming impatient quicker than he would with any other car.[HR][/HR]​
I know how that feels...I get the same feeling about Saturns, but not Volvos so much. I have noticed some questionable driving (or lack of) from late model Volvo drivers though. But then there's the other side of the coin-- I drove my mom's Volvo today and this guy felt that he HAD to tailgate me when he could clearly see the cars right in front of me. Same story with Granny's minivan. I know someone who drives a Saturn and constantly gets flipped off, when she didn't in her S10. People treat you differently on the road, depending on the car you drive no question about it.
*one thing I have noticed, and maybe it's just me, but late model BMW drivers are awesome. Never hogging the left lane or anything like that. I don't mind sharing the road with them at all...never had a bad experience with one single Bimmer.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Re: Do you think Volvo drivers are not the best drivers on the road? (VWteknik)

Woman in a red V70 wagon sliced across 3 lanes in front of me to make the Center City exit on I95 yesterday. Didn't even signal. Missed me by two feet...

·
Banned
1,346 Posts
Re: Do you think Volvo drivers are not the best drivers on the road? (Mark1)

fack Volvo drivers!!! Entire Toyota drivers are facked in da head!
they are either too facking slow and occupy passing lanes or they think Celica GTS is the fastest car on earth!
I invite you all to Columbus Ohio. OMG people here do not know how to drive!!!!

[Modified by GTiandrew, 11:37 PM 11-29-2002]

·
Registered
8,141 Posts
Re: Do you think Volvo drivers are not the best drivers on the road? (GTiandrew)

Pacific Mall in Markham/Toronto, Canada.
Drive down to their parking lot and watch madness unfold. The traffic rules do not apply here. No rules apply here. If you see empty space, you rush towards it, regardless if pedestrians are in your way.

·
Registered
271 Posts

That is such a lame poll, I'm sure not all Volvo drivers are idiots as you seem to think. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
17,649 Posts
Re: Do you think Volvo drivers are not the best drivers on the road? (vwsteve)

Not a generalization, but I've seen more than a couple A4/S4 drivers being agressive on the highway, but skillfully so. Cocky, but good.
Rarely do I see aggressive/fast drivers driving well.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Re: Do you think Volvo drivers are not the best drivers on the road? (Big M)

what are you basing their driving skills on? the fact that they know how to downshift and cut people off while avoiding an accident?

·
Registered
3,885 Posts

My sister drives a Volvo. When I was visiting, she took me for a drive. I wanted to kiss the ground when we returned back to her place in one piece!

·
Banned
7,292 Posts
Re: Do you think Volvo drivers are not the best drivers on the road? (Big M)

quote:[HR][/HR]Not a generalization, but I've seen more than a couple A4/S4 drivers being agressive on the highway, but skillfully so.[HR][/HR]​
*raises hand* http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.