VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so here's the deal. everybody pretty much agrees that the karts at allsports are pretty evenly matched and a superior driver will make up for the differences in kart ability.
with that in mind i present to you the Win an STi karting at Allsports Challenge.
format will be modified Grand Prix format consisting of 2 Grand Prix races complete with qualifying. the top six from GP race advance to the final races where position will be based on your fastest lap time from your day (qualifying or your GP race)
entrance fee is $1000 per a driver. final/format scheduling will be done once 20 drivers are confirmed. At that time catering for the event will be setup as well. grand prix is a 2005 subaru STi with about 34,000 miles on it, cobbaccess port, s204 rear lateral links and trailing arms, travis pastrana autographed dash. other prizes for 2nd and third are being worked on.
note if after thanksgiving there are still not 20 SERIOUSLY interested parties, i will open the contest up to 10 ringers in a GP single qualifying session and GP race shootout @ $2000 per a driver for the 10 driver shootout.
*note I will NOT be driving/participating in this event in an attempt to win the car*

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Re: do you whoop your friends up at allsports? do you want to win an STi? (purplejettahondaeater)

cool concept, except for the fact that not all the karts are equal at allsports.

·
Registered
8,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: do you whoop your friends up at allsports? do you want to win an STi? (KrazyGerman)

francious is going to make sure they are all serviced and up to spec as much as possible going into the event.
i'm planning on having back spots open for 2-4 drivers in the main event if there are overheating issues or something of that nature with a kart (or someone getting flagged for spinning someone (the spinnie would get a pass, but be in the back) or if 2 karts look weak in qualifying. but it shouldn't be an issue. everytime i've been the creme has risen to the top.

·
Registered
14,060 Posts
Re: do you whoop your friends up at allsports? do you want to win an STi? (purplejettahondaeater)

Quote, originally posted by purplejettahondaeater »
man who laughs stinks behind wheel enough to have no shot at winning

No, I was sort of laughing at the fact that 90% of the people in this forum don't have a car that's worth a grand let alone have a grand to piss away like that

·
Registered
8,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: do you whoop your friends up at allsports? do you want to win an STi? (Joey Russo)

oh ok hehe
well they should enter, win and sell it then

sorry about the misinterruptation

btw some very highly skilled rally drivers have shown interest, so it may make for a great spectator event http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
134 Posts
Re: (purplejettahondaeater)

Quote, originally posted by purplejettahondaeater »

it's open to anyone, pro or not. we won't disallow "ringers"

well technically, i'm not pro, so fair game!

if you can find the other people willing to put up the cash, i will truly do it.

and about the karts, yes, every kart is different than the next. but it really doesn't matter unless you are consistently within a half second to the next guy. there is not a HUGE disparity. the most i've ever encountered is 4/10ths of a second diff. at VIR however, when they got the new karts in, some of them were 2 seconds off pace.

Modified by jshim at 3:47 PM 9-12-2008

·
Registered
7,231 Posts
Re: do you whoop your friends up at allsports? do you want to win an STi? (KrazyGerman)

Quote, originally posted by KrazyGerman »
cool concept, except for the fact that not all the karts are equal at allsports.

yup.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.