VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Re: Dodge Durango (DCS)

My wife has had one for about 2 years and loves it; except the gas milage. No problems what so ever. She has driven other SUV's and prefers the Durango hands down!
R

·
2011 BMW 328i xDrive Touring 6MT ZSP
48,666 Posts
Re: Dodge Durango (TRYNTRUEA2)

The competitors have a much better product, in what ways?
The Durango is an honest-to-god truck that can carry 7 people and tow a bit boat at the same time, and then can go do some off-roading. No, it isn't the most refined SUV out there and it has crappy fuel economy, but as a truck, it's great.
Now if only I could understand why they started putting chrome grilles on them.

·
Registered
21,218 Posts
Re: Dodge Durango (CanuckPal)

The Durango is a very good concept- it isn't overly huge like a Suburban or Expedition, being based on an intermediate-sized pickup truck, but it's got the power and torque to match the big guns. Overlander magazine (Australia's premier SUV/off-roader magazine) tested a Dakota which was brought here for evaluation and liked the torque and low-range gearing which made it good for off-road use here. There's no reason to expect the Durango won't do as well, in fact if the Dakota is ever brought here the Durango should be too.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Re: Dodge Durango (David Votoupal)

I actually had occasion to rent one of these over the Easter holiday and came away quite impressed actually. It was a loaded SLT with leather, dual A/C, auto-dimming rearview with compass, Infinity sound system and the small 4.7L V-8. Power and torque were excellent and the transmission was shockingly smooth and unobtrusive. Ingress and egress were better than many larger SUVs and the seats were quite comfortable. The sound system was better than average. Over the road, acceleration is all you could ask for in a vehicle of this class, but the brake pedal seemed a bit mushy and braking distances a bit long (that is probably a function a my adjusting to such a heavy vehicle). Ride quality was nice until the pavement became truly bumpy at which point the body-on-frame started to quiver and shake. The truck also seemed much more manueverable than other I have driven, most notably the previous generation Explorer. The Durango is what, a five year-old design? I'm sure the competition has passed it by in many ways, but it is still a throughly competent player.

·
Registered
19,819 Posts
Re: Dodge Durango (TRYNTRUEA2)

my cousin bought a Durango 5.9 R/T, i think its crap, so far he had a blown head gasket and a faulty tranny with less then 10K miles on the truck, the reliability is awfull, not to mention....it only has 250HP from 5.9L or 360CC, which is pretty crappy, yes some people will say BUt is has torque...what? 335LBS/FT...for a 360 thats crap too, an X5 4.6L makes way more HP and more Torque at lower RPMs and spends less gas. He gets about 10Miles per Gallon on average.....all in all that truck isnt worth buying, the truck has bad off road capabilitys, but its the R/T model which handles great for a truck (on-road). i dont know man, it looks good, has a gorgeous interior for a domestic SUV, but the power, gas mileage and reliability just kill it for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts