VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering using Amsoil synthetic oil in my 2000 Beetle. I was going to go to the Amsoil oil as well as gear lube for my 5 speed transmission. Has anyone use it and does it void my warranty? Any good luck or advice?

Modified by dasiy at 1:38 PM 2-12-2004

Modified by dasiy at 1:39 PM 2-12-2004

·
Banned
3,312 Posts
Re: Does Amsoil really work? Should I use it? (dasiy)

it won't void your warranty... I have it in my 2001 new beetle
I switched to it because I like how easy it is to warm up the car (the engine runs better in freezing cold) with it.
Amsoil doesn't have waxes in their oil so it pours easier in extreme cold conditions..
I did a self test (which you can do yourself) and put a quart of Amsoil and a quart of mobil1 in the freezer overnight and then pour them both.. you'll see what I mean
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
19 Posts
Re: Does Amsoil really work? Should I use it? (dasiy)

Love the stuff. Synthetic in all my cars and I use their fuel injector cleaner. Put Amsoil gear oil in the 5 speed and it does shift smoother. (Its green-blue and a lot like Swepco.) The "notchiness" is not as noticable when shifting.
I also used their Engine flush, since VW's have a tendency to become dirty inside. I used the flush on my aircooled too. I did see a difference in the cleanliness when I adjusted the valves. When you look at the specs of the oil, you see the quality of Amsoil.
I often wonder how much money Mobil 1 gave VW to endorse their oil?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts