VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive had a few but there kinda weird, 3 ppl wanted to buy my car and a few more have asked if its a custom jetta
, and a bunch more that like my wheels, and have asked how i got to shine so pretty, but the thing is, my car is stock, aside from smoked tails and front indicators,

· Registered
612 Posts
Re: does any one ever comment on your car? (izzo)

I get 'nice jetta' alot but i think 'what is it' edges it out slightly. Seems like the dustbuster influenced design of the b3 perplexes the average joe driver
when people say 'what is it?' i usually answer them ...
... German http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
889 Posts

I'm rollin' badgeless right now, and I don't get the "jetta" thing so much.
People can't tell it's a VW (
), so they don't know what it is!
I think they stand out some how, cause I get a lot more attention in this car than any of my others.....save the orange 69 Ghia!

· Registered
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote, originally posted by izzo »
How are the Falkens doing for you, Matty? You like them?
I am considering these as well, or the Hancook at a very similar price.
And I got the EXACT same dent at the EXACT same place on the fender

Cheers

lol ya that dent was put there by my buddy's(guy i bought the car off of) uncle, just before i bought it so i got the 10 disk cd changer
, the tires are really grippy in the dry,some people say they suck in the rain but i dont notice it, but i wouldnt recomend them for the snow, the only thing is that they wear outkinda fast, but i must admit that i take corners to fast, my front ones are looking worn, but the rears look new, so next season ill put the fronts in the back and vise versa, i am prolly going to get thesame ones after these ones are shot, and for the price, they're excelent,(i got mine for 450$CND with tax) hope that helps
[/QUOTE]Yes.
"Do you ever wash or vacum your car?" is the standard question.
[QUOTE/]
ya i get that alot too, my car always looks like its just been detailed, well the inside any ways, outside gets washed when i feel like spending 3-4hours in the sun, usually once ever 2weeks

Modified by matty_1425 at 6:59 PM 9-13-2005

· Registered
18,133 Posts
Re: does any one ever comment on your car? (matty_1425)

flippined - I also removed all 'Passat", "GLX" and "VR6" badges from my car,
but I DO want the VW emblems

matty_1425 - Hm... that is interesting.
They have high treadwear count - 360
and I was expecting those to last longer than my Kumho 711s,
which hardly did 20k miles / 6 months.
Plus they are all-season....
Correct me if I am wrong, but the higher the treadwear number,
the less those will wear, right.... or not?

· Registered
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote, originally posted by izzo »

matty_1425 - Hm... that is interesting.
They have high treadwear count - 360
and I was expecting those to last longer than my Kumho 711s,
which hardly did 20k miles / 6 months.
Plus they are all-season....
Correct me if I am wrong, but the higher the treadwear number,
the less those will wear, right.... or not?

lol i have no idea, like the rear ones look mint, its just the fronts, there not to bad its just that they are a little more worn than the back, but i think 3-4 seasons should be about right for these tires, i know mine will do 3 and then ill have to get new ones, but ive come home from drives before and literally had stones and stuff stuck to the top of my tires
and thats not between the treads either, and it was prolly a mix of the hard driving, and the 35*C heat, but i mean what i said...sticky

· Registered
1,807 Posts

I gave up correcting people when they say something about my 'Jetta'. There is more name recognition now with the newer models, but still...
Lower treadwear numbers = wear out faster. My Azenis are rated at 200. I've got about 8k miles on the in the course of 3 seasons. Too bad they don't make the same treadpattern anymore.

· Registered
645 Posts

mine gets a lot of attention,
"how do you drive a car that low?"
Me: its not low.. there is still 2" under the front lip
lots people notice it is different from all the others they see.. but they cant figure out why it is different... and thats the best part

· Registered
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: does any one ever comment on your car? (shortys7777)

Quote, originally posted by shortys7777 »
i have the same stock rims. my question is how long did it take you to get inside those nooks and such??? and whered you pick up the center caps? i really need some.

well it didnt take long at all the paint stripped pretty much did it for me
, but everything is right in my sig. like how to do it all, and the centre caps are just painted with like 2-4 coats of chrome paint with like 6 thin coats of clearcoat, the chrome paint is kinda shiny but the clear dulls it abit, but the black ones looked horrible on there, and the aluminum ones at the stealership were 60$ each so 240$ for 4 and that before tax

· Registered
145 Posts

I've got a couple of "your car is in really good condition, how old is it?" but that is it.
What product is on your door handles? Does it last long? Don't tell me nothing is on them

· Registered
7,467 Posts
Re: does any one ever comment on your car? (b3goldie)

When I clean it up I can see ppl checking it out, occasionally somebody will roll down their window and say "kinda car izzat?" It's usually so dirty that it doesn't get noticed.

· Registered
889 Posts

What a coincedince! Yesterday afternoon I was driving to pick the kids up and this little girl, like 5 or 6, bends over and screams, "You have the coolest car ever!" as I went around the corner!
That was the best compliment I've ever gotten! Kids are so honest!

· Registered
1,150 Posts
Re: does any one ever comment on your car? (flippined)

I bought my 95 passat variant for 3k, i got an offer a couple months later to some vw enthusiast kid who said he could do magic with it, made me an offer for 4k, had to pass (even tho now i may be regretting bc of repairs in the past few months). Then just the other day I was out of class and I locked it (chirp chirp) and this teacher says to me
"Hey that's an awefully nice car for a college student"
i say "It's 10 years old!"
"Still it's a nice car"
...."Thanks, it's because of the headlights!"
I got a kick out of that, I haven't heard jetta from anyone, I'm pretty sure that people have no idea what kind of car it is (only vw emblem on rear, and vw emblem on front is blacked out), I rarely see them, let alone the wagon.

· Registered
3,604 Posts

other than some mexicans no one else calls it jetta.
I get, thats a nice car, and I am sure some are wondering what the hell has left them in behind at the lights

other folks say "I had this care some time ago"

Modified by gregg3gs at 9:38 PM 9-17-2005

· Registered
1,726 Posts
Re: does any one ever comment on your car? (gregg3gs)

nobody ever knows what it is.
i had a body shop guy tell me it was the original german edition.
i had a mechanic call it a jetta.
tons of people have asked what it is.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.