VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 449 Posts

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after searching, thinking I'd find some sort of golf thread, I have decided to create a golf thread.
I figured this thread could be used to share stories, alert others of deals on gear, whatever. (thats if anyone does play)
soooo..... here goes nothing.
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FV-QR

Quote, originally posted by tallkidinlittlecar »
Golf is wonderful. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Well there is at least one.
How often do you get out.

Quote, originally posted by mon_ey »
I've been known to miniature golf a bit.

Who does't mini golf, its a kick ass game.

·
Millennial
German crap
23,781 Posts
Re: FV-QR (firebreathingbunny)

Used to play 3-4 times a week when I was in high school - now I'm lucky to get out once every 6 months.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FV-QR

Quote, originally posted by Rabbit5GTI »
Used to play 3-4 times a week when I was in high school - now I'm lucky to get out once every 6 months.

The last few years, I've only gotten out a few times. This year its my goal to go out at least once a week and so far I've kept to my goal.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Re: FV-QR (Dub_in_Rio)

Yep, I golf, although not nearly as much as I'd like. Having two little ones at home, it's not easy getting out for 4hrs for a round.
But I still love to play...probably played about 8 rounds last year. Hope to play more this year.

·
Registered
23,931 Posts
Re: Does anybody golf on here? (Dub_in_Rio)

I'm in a golf league at work as I find it one of the ways to assure myself that I actually get to golf.
Beyond that I try to get out twice a month. That's not very much but I take what I can get.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Re: Does anybody golf on here? (Dub_in_Rio)

These threads pop up every now and then, I think a lot of us golf casually so it's not really anything we talk about on Vortex. More of a get out, enjoy the day, drink some beer kind of thing.

·
Registered
27,851 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Dub_in_Rio »
The last few years, I've only gotten out a few times.

Same here.
Started playing again in late 2001 after playing maybe four rounds in 20 years. Played almost once a week until we moved to MA in 2003.
I now play about three rounds a year.

·
Registered
9,127 Posts
Re: FV-QR (Cooper)

If I get out twice a year I'm lucky... only shot one round in 2009.
Used to play 2-3 times a week back in HS but that was 20 years ago. I have found that golf is NOT like riding a bike... you can definitely lose your skills.

·
I could've been a contender.
41,106 Posts
Re: FV-QR (MotownSVT)

Quote, originally posted by MotownSVT »
Used to play 2-3 times a week back in HS but that was 20 years ago. I have found that golf is NOT like riding a bike... you can definitely lose your skills.

same here but it's @ 23 years for me. played a TON in HS but it was almost required (born in augusta, ga a couple of miles from the national; grew up on hilton head island, sc)

slacked off in college, put the clubs away when i went to work. only started again a couple of years ago & since then have only played maybe 10 rounds of golf?
haven't played yet this year but have a couple of tourneys this month. kinda bummed they closed the driving range by my house.
hell...i think my 9 year old has played more golf then i

·
Millennial
German crap
23,781 Posts
Re: FV-QR (jebglx)

I even tried getting into the industry - I was originally enrolled in a PGM program at NC State - but I got sick of it after one year of realizing that they just didn't have everything together. They only started the program at the school a few years before I got there. If I had gone to a school that had an established program (Penn State, Ferris State)...who knows what would have happened.
To this day, I still wonder. I make a good living doing what I do, but it's not a lot of fun. On the flip side, I was always worried that I might get burned out of golf if I had become a head teaching pro...so maybe it was for the best. Hopefully some day I can get a membership at a small club so I can actually play again. I hate pretentious country clubs, so it's really hard to find a small private club that's just for golf anymore.
And if you get a membership at a public course, you'll never get to play because the good ones are always crowded. It's a terrible double-edged sword.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
FV-QR

The biggest thing that bums me out, is I only get a few months a year to play and then its back to my hidey-hole for winter.
Wisconsin sucks.

·
Registered
27,851 Posts

A strange thing is that I really don't even feel like playing yet. A friend e-mailed asking if we should play at a course where I'm a member, and don't feel like it.

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
I live on a 27 hole course in a climate where I can play almost 365 days a year. Having said that...a 50 hr wk job, a wife and 4 kids...and I've only played 4 rounds in the last year. Maybe in my next life...

1 - 20 of 449 Posts