VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

441 - 449 of 449 Posts

·
Millennial
German crap
23,781 Posts
I don't know if I'm getting old or what, but I'm done after 18. I can physically play, but I just feel like my swing isn't there or something.
Well, we did puss out and take a cart. It was included in the price - $31 for an all-day rate because of the aeration. Couldn't pass it up, and there are some killer hills on the course anyway.

The place I'm playing this weekend I'll be walking. Looking forward to it, I always play better when I walk anyway.

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
Well, we did puss out and take a cart.
Actually, I normally ride too - I'm just a bigger puss I guess. :laugh: I do walk, but normally it's just 9 after work.

I'm excited though, I'm playing tomorrow morning at Augusta Country Club. It borders the back nine of Augusta National so I can peak through the woods on one of the holes and see amen corner. It's neat seeing it in summertime because the national is a winter course. You might think they would let it go, but they don't. :beer:

·
Registered
27,851 Posts
Marshal on 15 at the Deutsche Bank pro am yesterday. Brad Stevens, new Celtics coach, seems like a nice guy. Hopefully, he's a better coach than golfer. I think he received the "hit it most right on 15" award. :p

·
Millennial
German crap
23,781 Posts
That's cool. I volunteered back in 2003 for the senior tour SAS championship. I could have been a Marshall, but I ended up driving the players' Caddy CTS courtesy vehicles to the golf course.

Ended up freeing the weekend so I could be a spectator.

Used to all sorts of fun stuff like that when I was still a PGM student...

·
Millennial
German crap
23,781 Posts
Time to revive this thread, just as I have revived my golf game over the last week.

Played three times in the last week, after not playing for a year. Feels good, man.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Investing more time and some money into my game this year. Handicap is hovering around 9. I still need to find a way to take it to next level. Maybe a lesson.

I certainly don't play fancy courses like a lot of you... just a handful of municipals around Buffalo. Every once and while I play the country club some of my co-workers belong to.

441 - 449 of 449 Posts