VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard that the new 2002 would come with an integrated cd/tape deck + HU in one oversized unit. Has this hit the shores yet? Does anyone have a pic of it actually in their car from the factory?

·
Registered
'16 Golf R (wife's) / '21 SQ5 (on order)
40,478 Posts
Re: Does anyone actually have a double din head unit? (QuickStick)

I test drove a '02 1.8t Jetta with the dual deck and it's HUGE! Very nice though, all the controls for bass, treble, balance, etc are individual knobs at the bottom. Looks slick! Will make aftermarket replacement difficult though.

·
Registered
898 Posts

Can anyone compare the sound quality of the new unit to the old one (which sounded terrible, IMO)?

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Re: Does anyone actually have a double din head unit? (idburns)

quote:[HR][/HR]I test drove a '02 1.8t Jetta with the dual deck and it's HUGE! Very nice though, all the controls for bass, treble, balance, etc are individual knobs at the bottom. Looks slick! Will make aftermarket replacement difficult though.[HR][/HR]​
Actually aftermarket stuff will be easy. You will have to go to the dealer and buy that little tray holder deal that you all have in your dash. Rip out the Double din, stick in the new HU and the tray deal, and all set. It would be as if you had the old HU...not a big deal http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
49 Posts

My question is has anyone got the double-din HU in a 2002 1.8T GTI without ordering the "luxury package" (that is, without the sunroof option)? I was told you have to order the lux pac in order to get double-din this year. Any body confirm?

·
Registered
381 Posts

I got it in mt 2002 gti. Bought it here in florida. Oh nevermind I got Lux package.

[Modified by G-Funk, 9:45 PM 11-28-2001]

·
Registered
852 Posts
Re: Does anyone actually have a double din head unit? (G-Funk)

I got one too! I kinda wish it was a single din type though. I want to put some gauges in my car and that little "cubby hole" would be perfect!

·
Registered
14,345 Posts

I took a quick stroll through a local dealership's lot yesterday and indeed, a 2002 GTI with a double-DIN was sitting on the lot. It doesn't look too bad in my opinion. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
'16 Golf R (wife's) / '21 SQ5 (on order)
40,478 Posts
Re: Does anyone actually have a double din head unit? (DGMVW)

quote:[HR][/HR]Actually aftermarket stuff will be easy. You will have to go to the dealer and buy that little tray holder deal that you all have in your dash. Rip out the Double din, stick in the new HU and the tray deal, and all set. It would be as if you had the old HU...not a big deal http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif [HR][/HR]​
Oops, ur right.

Also try Crutchfield.

[Modified by idburns, 6:16 AM 11-29-2001]

·
Registered
410 Posts
Re: Does anyone actually have a double din head unit? (idburns)

This doesnt have the gps option like the ones in europe though right?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts