VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
161 - 180 of 271 Posts

·
Registered
9,475 Posts
Re: Re: (crazy88)

Quote, originally posted by crazy88 »
stay w/ the euro springs then b/c the h&r's are stiffer... the drop is similar... see pg 1 for more info

Looked at page 1.. Looks real good with the euro springs. My question is this.. If I install the euro springs, will the alignment shop know the right numbers to have it alligned right? Or do I need to go to the dealer?

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Re: (ewoo)

Quote, originally posted by ewoo »
BTW, how many hours should the springs take from a pro---to do it right? Incuding being careful and torquing everything down to specs? 4 to 5 hours?

Quote, originally posted by the.ronin »
And I presume the stock shocks hold up just fine (relatively, at least)?

Quote, originally posted by quailallstar »
If I install the euro springs, will the alignment shop know the right numbers to have it alligned right? Or do I need to go to the dealer?

*bump* for answers to these http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Banned
4,973 Posts
Re: (Airkat)

Quote, originally posted by quailallstar »
Looked at page 1.. Looks real good with the euro springs. My question is this.. If I install the euro springs, will the alignment shop know the right numbers to have it alligned right? Or do I need to go to the dealer?

ALIGNMENT SPECS:
Front:
Camber: -30' +/- 30' (US)
vs -44' +/- 30' (Euro)
Toe Out (at left and right lock) : 1deg 38' (US)
vs 1deg 22' (Euro)
Caster: 7deg 34' (US)
vs 7deg 47 (Euro)
Ride Height: 382mm +/- 7mm (US)
vs 360 +/- 7mm (Euro)
Rear:
Camber 1deg 20' (US) vs 1deg 45' (Euro)

Quote, originally posted by ewoo »
BTW, how many hours should the springs take from a pro---to do it right? Incuding being careful and torquing everything down to specs? 4 to 5 hours?

I installed coilovers on one friends GTI last weekend, and just put an H&R cup kit on another friends GLI today. Install should be 4hours or less. The rears you only have to take half apart to change the springs, the fronts are the same no matter what you change.
EDIT, BTW: anyone in the tristate who wants a deal on suspension install, PM me

Modified by digitalhippie at 7:50 PM 6-10-2006

·
Registered
834 Posts
Re: (Gilitar)

We are talking about the stock european springs. At least on GTIs the shocks are the same european vs north america, only the springs are different. If you go with aftermarket springs, it is possible that the stock shocks will wear out faster. With these springs VW has tested and sells this combination to the ROW (rest of world).

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
Re: (Chuibacca)

Quote, originally posted by Chuibacca »
I'd like to see too, BUT the EURO GLI shocks on the GLI, not the GTI's...

There is no European GLI. That's why we GLI owners are in the pickle we're in.
I've said to hell with it and have decided to get the DriverGear Eibach springs.

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
Re: (thread)

Quote, originally posted by thread »
Everytime you mention Euro Springs BRM10984 kills a kitten.
Please won't you think of the kittens?

Heh. I wish just as much as the next person that something concrete would come up for us.
At this point, the set that Mike tested and the DG Eibachs hold about the same merit on my list of consideration. When I evaluate the out-of-pocket cost to myself for each of the two sets, the true winner comes out.
For me, the "we think this is a good match" european springs just aren't worth the extra money to me. They're about as uncertain as the DG Eibachs in my eyes.

·
Registered
19,712 Posts
Re: (BRM10984)

Quote, originally posted by BRM10984 »

Heh. I wish just as much as the next person that something concrete would come up for us.
At this point, the set that Mike tested and the DG Eibachs hold about the same merit on my list of consideration. When I evaluate the out-of-pocket cost to myself for each of the two sets, the true winner comes out.
For me, the "we think this is a good match" european springs just aren't worth the extra money to me. They're about as uncertain as the DG Eibachs in my eyes.

You could just do this and be the envy of GLI owners everywhere:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2665900
Well, except Europe

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
Re: (thread)

Quote, originally posted by thread »
You could just do this and be the envy of GLI owners everywhere:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2665900
Well, except Europe

I, uhh... um, yeah. Even if I had air-ride, I couldn't, in decent conscience, look at my car *that* low.

·
Banned
2,361 Posts
Re: (zither99)

Quote, originally posted by zither99 »
I placed an order for the euro springs today, where am I in line...?

Your 2nd in line for 4dr kits. Hopefully next week or the week after for sure.
Mike

·
Banned
2,361 Posts
Re: (Parts4vws)

All of you that have been waiting.....the wait is over! Thanks for being so patient. Everyone who pre-ordered kits they are all shipping out today.
I have a few 4dr kits available that are not spoken for & more of both 2dr and 4dr on the way.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Mike

·
Banned
2,361 Posts
Re: (volare)

Quote, originally posted by volare »
Mike will the 4dr kits work for the Rabbit as well?
And just to double check...are these OEM VW parts (therefore not voiding my warranty?)
Cheers!

I would say fit wise they would work fine. Since I have not tested them on a Rabbit I'm not sure of the exact drop since I only tried them on my GTI & a customers GLI.
Yes they are OEM VW Springs.....they should not be able to tell unless you tell them
Mike

·
Registered
42,789 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Parts4vws »
All of you that have been waiting.....the wait is over! Thanks for being so patient. Everyone who pre-ordered kits they are all shipping out today.
I have a few 4dr kits available that are not spoken for & more of both 2dr and 4dr on the way.
Mike

Man, I'm tempted to order the four-door kit, but I really need to be able to use my VW Credit Card points. I think I'll see about "trading" with someone who is planning to buy dealer parts anyway.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Parts4vws »
Mike

Email sent, I am moving out of state, Wednesday, if its not to late holding the shipping of my set till i get my new address would be great...

·
Banned
2,361 Posts
Re: (aqua_blue_pearl_g60)

Quote, originally posted by aqua_blue_pearl_g60 »

Email sent, I am moving out of state, Wednesday, if its not to late holding the shipping of my set till i get my new address would be great...

Got your mail...check yours.
Mike

161 - 180 of 271 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.