VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

61 - 80 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
5,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Re: Yes I've got one. Here's a recent track day! (icedmocha)

Quote, originally posted by icedmocha »
maintenance bills would be fun!
haha

·
Registered
228 Posts
Re: does anyone here actually own one of these ?????? (BlueVRT)

I'm building one. Does that count?

It's actually starting to look like something now...I'm getting the sheet pieces welded on. Won't be quite the real thing when I'm done but it'll be about as close as I'll ever get - exact copy of the real chassis, fiberglass body molded off the original, real Murci rims, a V12 engine out of a BMW 850, and second mortgage on my house.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Re: (CapeGLS)

A couple people have IM'd me asking for updates...here's how the chassis looked 5 days ago when I last worked on it. I have about 3/4 of the sheet pieces formed and installed, and the steering rack is bolted up. The brakes and hubs are C5 Corvette. The coilovers (6) are rebound-adjustable AFCO's. My goal is to have it on the ground and rolling by July.

I have about three more years to go, and about 1200 more hours to invest before it's ready to register and enjoy. Getting this far has taken me about six months and just over 200 hours. I presently have about $24k invested, including engine, wheels, brakes/suspension, and tools. I am hoping the bills will finally stop coming in at about $61k. After the chassis is done I will fit up the engine, rads, steering, suspension, misc. mounting tabs/etc, then tear it all apart and have it powdercoated. I will have almost $35k into the running chassis before I am even ready to start mounting the body pieces. I plan to do all the work myself, including paint and upholstry.

Modified by CrashRatCorrado at 6:38 AM 2-8-2005

·
Registered
401 Posts
Re: (tdipd04)

This is very impressive. But with that much money and time wouldnt it be a better idea to.....
Quote, originally posted by tdipd04 »
Sorry I got lost. Which way to the restroom

You too, I was almost sure someone told me to turn left.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Re: (BlueVRT)

Quote, originally posted by BlueVRT »

welcome to the spam thread

This isnt a spam thread! This post is not spam too!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Re: (ArtOfVwAddiction)

Quote, originally posted by ArtOfVwAddiction »
You too, I was almost sure someone told me to turn left.

Thanks man, I found it over in the MKIV forum. People really need to learn to flush, it's quite stinky in there.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Re: (tdipd04)

to the guy building the car...
THATS A SIKKKK RIDE G lol good luck
man its fun i know it is http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
8,076 Posts
Re: (VWALEXVW)

oioioi

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Re: (GTurboI)

Most likely. Now, the question is, if one guy can do it for $61k, does that mean that Lamborghini marks up there cars like 300%?

·
Banned
6 Posts
Re: Yes I've got one. Here's a recent track day! (jonsonneborn)

Quote, originally posted by jonsonneborn »

Modified by jonsonneborn at 6:39 PM 12-6-2004

Dose that lambo have a salvage title?

61 - 80 of 85 Posts