VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Re: Does anyone make led's for tailights? (JPawn1)

Yeah..I know some company does. I've seen them a while back. They're like a little cluster of a few LEDs that plug right into your bulb socket. I can't remember where I saw them though, but I know that they are made. Have you looked at any of the Honda/Acura tuner sites?

·
Registered
9,189 Posts
Re: Does anyone make led's for tailights? (K-Fresh)

dont do it. I bought the full set from APC, put them in, and they didnt work right. I called their tech line and the guy told me to put a resistor on the positive wire of the turn signal circuit and it still didnt work. Called him back and he told me that vw's have some wierd circuitry and they wont work. So now I have a set of red, and two sets of orange led bulbs. I cant remember the numbers, but yes I got the dual filliment bulbs for the proper place. Another thing to remember is that the LED bulbs are not as bright as normal bulbs since the light only shines out and doesnt reflect off of the back reflector. I put one in my rear fog socket and it was only half as bright. It's not worth it............ http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.