VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
4,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if it would be a waste of time and effort. I'm pretty new to Zaino still, and don't have much experience with a polymer sealant like Zaino. Do you think it would be worth it, or would it pull the Zaino off when you strip the wax, or would it make it look hazy or greasy?

· Registered
2,265 Posts
Re: Does anyone put carnuba wax on top of Zaino? (CO Boy)

Quote, originally posted by CO Boy »
You dont need wax on top of Zaino. Probally a waste of time and money.

Actually I and others have had nice results. Tho it can be said that others have not.
I did because I wanted to use a more economical car wash. At $8 for 16oz the Zaino is pricey. So I put S100 on top of Zaino and IMHO the car looked noticably better. Now I can use Meguiars Gold Class car wash at $10 a gal.

· Registered
1,326 Posts
Re: Does anyone put carnuba wax on top of Zaino? (B95P)

not sure about the zaino... but i put a coat of s100 on top of klasse and it make the paint look "deeper" http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
742 Posts
Re: Does anyone put carnuba wax on top of Zaino? (AkVdub)

looking at dark color Zaino cars they seem to lack the depth and gloss of a good carnauba wax. if u iwas to use zaino on my black car i would defintly put a layer a wax on top for that wet look that Zaino just doesnt really provide

· Banned
119 Posts
Re: Does anyone put carnuba wax on top of Zaino? (Galvatron)

Quote, originally posted by Galvatron »
Just wondering if it would be a waste of time and effort. I'm pretty new to Zaino still, and don't have much experience with a polymer sealant like Zaino. Do you think it would be worth it, or would it pull the Zaino off when you strip the wax, or would it make it look hazy or greasy?

Pointless. Zaino is optically perfect (99.9%) and carnauba wax is not. Do not waste time, effort, and material trying it. You'd actually be REDUCING the shine of Zaino by layering carnauba on top of it.

· Registered
599 Posts
Re: Does anyone put carnuba wax on top of Zaino? (vdubjb)

Quote, originally posted by vdubjb »
Zaino tells you that it is optically perfect. Putting wax on top of it is truly a waste of time and money.

****, man.... Somebody do it and compare. I suspect that reducing the reflectiveness of zaino by making the color underneath darker would be more attractive. The zaino'd cars I've seen look a little lifeless.

· Registered
110 Posts
Re: Does anyone put carnuba wax on top of Zaino? (merlin)

Quote, originally posted by merlin »

****, man.... Somebody do it and compare. I suspect that reducing the reflectiveness of zaino by making the color underneath darker would be more attractive. The zaino'd cars I've seen look a little lifeless.

Depends on the detailer... some people don't know how to use the Zaino products correctly, that's why they have very detailed instructions shipped with their products. First time I started using them I got a tutorial from an authorized retailer and that helped quite a bit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.