VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the K04 isnt the best idea and I know I had an AWP but I want a little more then just a chip. I cant afford the ATP Stage II
And to my knowledge there is nothing in between
I also dont want to get the APR or Nospeed K04 Kits. AWE doesnt make some for the AWP.
I look at their site but I didnt see anything.
http://www.giacusa.com

Modified by VWGolfA4 at 10:08 AM 5-20-2004

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Re: Does GIAC make a AWP K04 Chip? (VWGolfA4)

yes.
It is an AWP Ko4 E05 code. It is designed to work with 360 cc injectors and a 3 in maf housing.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Re: Does GIAC make a AWP K04 Chip? (drm916)

Doesn't the k04 and ATP Stage 2 cost just about the same? Maybe 200 dollars difference?? Why not go with the Stage2? More powerful...

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Re: Does GIAC make a AWP K04 Chip? (drm916)

How much of a price difference is there between a K04 and STG II kit?
edit: azisflux posted it right before me. it can't be that different in price

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Does GIAC make a AWP K04 Chip? (Bora1.8IV)

Well I talked to someone about the labor costs. The K04 is alot easier to install then the Stage II. If I piece together the K04 Kit I can get it pretty cheap. The turbo is only $775 shipped with gaskets and say $500 for the chip and if I have my brother and I install it, thats free. The Stage II is at least $2500.

·
Banned
12,870 Posts

Do you already have a chip? Stg2 is $1950 retail. If you get it without their software, and skip on the upgraded inlet and DP for right now, you could probably get it for much less. But the GIAC E05 file is an excellent file to use, however does require the VR MAF housing and 1larger injectors, so add ~$200 to your K04 plan. But the difficulty of install on both is similar.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Does GIAC make a AWP K04 Chip? (VDUBNDizzy)

No I dont have a chip, I am currently stock. I just want alittle more fun. I decided I cant afford anything crazy as I have too many school loans to pay off. So if I decided to do a chip/upgrade I just want it to once and not be "nickle and dimed" to death.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts

You already have a K03 Sport so skip putting a K04 on. You can probably find a used Stg II on here for a good price.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Does GIAC make a AWP K04 Chip? (Bora1.8IV)

TRUST ME, I have no problem going to the Tylsport (sp) and dropping off my credit card and get the Stage II+ but I am trying to be realistic and pay off my college loans. Thats another story.
Maybe I should just wait till after my warranty is up and my car is paid off and see how much I can save till then.
I was originally going to get the GIAC Chip at Waterfest and once I can save up for the K04, just but the turbo and have the closest GIAC Dealer reflash my ECU.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts

Quote, originally posted by VWGolfA4 »

Maybe I should just wait till after my warranty is up and my car is paid off and see how much I can save till then.

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
I'm not waiting for the warranty to be over, but I am waiting pay my car off. Then car payment money turns into car modding money

·
Registered
745 Posts
I'm nearly 100% sure that the Garret Turbo package is the same as the ATP Stage II.
Garret is just putting thier name on it, and reselling it as a package.

·
Banned
12,870 Posts
Re: Does GIAC make a AWP K04 Chip? (gelatin)

That kit is the same as the ATP kit. The GIAC E05 file will request 18 psi to redline. And if you want a bump in power without breaking the bank, skip the whole turbo upgrade and just chip your car.
That should satisfy you til the car is paid off.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif what he said. a chip & turbo-back exhaust will allow you to keep up w/99% of the cars out there & get you close to what the K04 makes. plus both APR & GIAC have a K04 file that you can upgrade later should you want to go that route.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

DAMN
That Garrett Kit is only $17xx now. Nice. I know you said its the same as the ATP Kit but theres got to be pros and cons of each...

OK OK, looks like I am just going to save for the ATP/Garrett. I am just so SICK AND TIRED of reading all these posts and getting so jealous. I WANT POWER!!!

This forum makes you turbo power hungry

·
Registered
1,713 Posts

Quote, originally posted by VDUBNDizzy »
That kit is the same as the ATP kit.

...yeah, all of you are right now that i read the manual...still, right now its cheaper from garrett...
edited to agree

Modified by gelatin at 11:10 AM 5-20-2004

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: Does GIAC make a AWP K04 Chip? (gelatin)

Of forget the K04 for now

Whats the different between these other 2 kits? (the ATP and the Garrett Kit)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts