VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This is an amazingly gorgeous car, no disputing that. But does it bother anyone else to see a different manufacturer's rims on a car not made by that company? I think its kind of weird, in a sense.
Sure, these Benz rims look amazing. But just the symbol being different is weird I think. Almost like its trying to be something that it's not.
Sure, almost all Porsche rims look amazing on Mk3's, but I just think its weird seeing a symbol other than VW, or maybe BBS, ABT, etc. on a VW car.
Maybe I'm the only one, but who knows?

·
Registered
994 Posts
maybe one of two.
i would personally never put audi/bmw/merc/porche rims on my car. i will admit that they can look really good, but there's something strange about a manufacturers wheels on another car. i drive a VW and if i put aftermarket rims on my car then i am going to actually find some aftermarket rims. that's just me though.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (EuroVR6Mk3)

Would it be dope if he put a Benz symbol on the trunk instead of the VW symbol?
Of course not....so why is it dope to have it on the wheels? If they are so easy to change, then why not change them?

·
Banned
6,870 Posts
Re: (X Dogg)

Quote, originally posted by X Dogg »
If they are so easy to change, then why not change them?

because they would look stupid.
if you put VW caps on a benz wheel, aren't you guilty of the same thing this thread is addressing?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts

Would it be dope if he put a Benz symbol on the trunk instead of the VW symbol?

Obviously not, since his car is a Volkswagen. Now, I can say the same thing about putting VW center caps on benz wheels. They are not VW wheels, they should not have a VW centercap on them. They're just wheels, who cares. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (Abracadaver)

Quote, originally posted by Abracadaver »
if you put VW caps on a benz wheel, aren't you guilty of the same thing this thread is addressing?

Right, exactly the point. I guess I was just asking a rhetorical question. I guess my point is, the wheels look gorgeous on that car, but personally I think the mismatched symbols are sort of like a distraction.
Kinda like saying "I love my Dub, but I really wish I drove a Benz".

·
Registered
1,120 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Abracadaver »

Beat me by 3 minutes.

·
Registered
12,971 Posts

If you are going to criticize Benz wheels, or Porsche, or any other car manufacturers wheels on a VW, then you must take into consideration any tuner wheel out there. Because, in essence, a car company designs their wheels just like any wheel company....with a few exceptions.
Therefore, it doesn't matter if it has the tristar anymore than it did if it had Schmidt's S.

·
Registered
6,417 Posts

Kinda like saying "I love my Dub, but I really wish I drove a Benz".

i guess thats all your interpretation...and if it is, you have a pretty negative one. try looking at the car and wheels and saying, wow thats a dope looking car, with an origonal idea for wheels
or something along those lines

·
Registered
I have a thing for Mazdas
7,237 Posts
Re: (EuroVR6Mk3)

It's one thing to run Audi/Porsche/Benz wheels on a VW and try to say that it is an Audi/Porsche/Benz.
It's another thing to run Audi/Porsche/Benz wheels on a VW because you like their design and they look good on your car, and you're not trying to convince anyone your vehicle is something that it's not.

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Re: does it bother you? (X Dogg)

it's all about composition. i mean look at it. it's a VW. we all know that. the mirrors, wheels, handles, etc, it doesn't matter what they're off of, the way that car was put together (selection of parts) is what makes it awesome. now what would bother me is if i saw benz badges on it, then it's an obvious attempt at making it something it isn't.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.