VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry to start such a crappy titled post, but I've been working on my mk1 16v every night after work for many hours fixing rot/ stripping it/ undercoating ect, and now my daily driver '85 GLI Jettas bottom end lets go
and the oil light is on all the time under 2000rpm, and the bottom end is junk.
again.
So I just needed to vent, granted it has over 225,000 miles on it but why now?

And this is after I just did the clutch, brakes, t-belt, tune up ect, eventho I have a good 1.8L 8v I don't have the time to change engines. THIS SUX!
biotch and moan over it, still
/

friggin' filters

[Modified by pastpargolf, 2:19 AM 1-26-2003]

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Re: Does it ever feel like.... (pastpargolf)

that sucks, i know how you feel. My tranny blew before christmas and left me with a large debt and lack of car for a month. I think that when a vw breaks down you hate your car, but when its up and running again it makes you so happy that you can forgive it. I know i can! I've owned my car for about 2 months now, and so far i've replaced the tranny, cv joint, wheel bearings, shift linkage, strut mounts, ect. and my timing belt needs to be done now too....it doesn't end, but i still love my car! Oh yeah, and a couple fuse relays, and rear tail light.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Re: Does it ever feel like.... (DarthStitch)

dude low pressure in oil indicates your oil pump need changing or your oil is a) too thin b) too thick. I bet oil pump is dying on ya.
It sucks I have 2 rocco's and both have their mood swings.. right now its the daily driver, next week it will be the beatrice.. they swap especially if you upgrade components on one, the other one get jealous.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Does it ever feel like.... (ATS)

I'm gonna try a pump but it knocks a bit, like free revving aroung 1500rpm, If that dosn't work I'm gonna try rolling in some bearings and drive it untill it throws a rod at me.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Re: Does it ever feel like.... (ATS)

quote:[HR][/HR]dude low pressure in oil indicates your oil pump need changing or your oil is a) too thin b) too thick. I bet oil pump is dying on ya.
[HR][/HR]​
I never thought I'd hear Patrick say "dude"-
Rob

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Does it ever feel like.... (robw_z)

Just to let you all now my day of depression is over, you won't belive this...
I pulled down the oil pan to replace the pump and it was sealed with a ton of blue silicone.
And it was so much silicon that there was a string about a foot long being sucked up into the pump, the pump was sucking it in from around the pan, crazy never heard anything like it and it would have olny gotten worse.
woot

·
Registered
3,350 Posts

good to hear, and i do feel your now forgotten pain. My rocco pisses me off sooo much, then when its fine i love it to death. Right now its running sooo horrible and im not liking it at all. Plus i dont have any money to fix it

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
Re: Does it ever feel like.... (JoshmkII)

quote:[HR][/HR]they go in cycles like that, its a major pain in the arse when everything decides to crap out at once..[HR][/HR]​
no kidding!
I feel for you bro.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts

sorry about the bad luck man...my compression in my #1 cylinder went around the same time we broke a stud off in the block of my Fox trying to change the waterpump...
no money and no cars....this sucks

·
Registered
155 Posts

My mate in England has a series 1 RS turbo (Ford suck, but this car is Faaaasssst), he got a load of work done, 1700 cvh bottom end, etc etc, car is now putting out 215BHP, guess what the muppet who rebuilt the engine sealed the oil sump with? Blue goo, it got sucked in and blew the fuc king thing apart, que lose 2000 pounds plus in the engine...
Things fixed and back on the road now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.