VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was in an accident about a month ago, i was rear ended and my babys been in the shop for about a month
. it has a brand new side rear pannel, a whole new rear bumper, a new axel, new 6 disc cd changer, new floor pannel, new tire, lets just say the rear end is new. if i plan to sell the car in about 6 months, will it still be worth just as much as if it hadnt been in an accident?

·
Registered
14,345 Posts
Re: does it lower the value of the car if its been in an accident? (bl0nde)

No, the accident will devalue your car, especially an accident to the degree that you described.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts

It will certainly lower the value now that it has been in a reportable accident. It will have an R on the title now for a wrecked car. Which I would think most people that would want to buy it would steer clear of.

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Re: does it lower the value of the car if its been in an accident? (ultimate steve)

Nothing on the title will reflect it's been in an accident - if it was a total loss and someone bought it with a salvage title then it would have an S title. Your's was not totalled so the title will be fine. You can file an additonal claim with your insurance company to pay for any devalue the accident caused.
- if you're trading it in I wouldn't say anything and just trade it.

·
Registered
10,208 Posts
Re: does it lower the value of the car if its been in an accident? (ultimate steve)

Quote, originally posted by ultimate steve »
blonde indeed.

no comment

·
Registered
3,650 Posts

Quote, originally posted by ultimate steve »
blonde indeed.

·
Registered
210 Posts

hey bl0nde,
i was just in a similar situation. read all the posts but you have a legal right to collect on the loss in value of your car due to a wreck. i just got $1900 for the loss of value on my car and all it took was a letter to the insurance company and theyhttp://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?&id=899660&postid=8439095#8439095 had a check in the mail later on that day! check this thread

·
Registered
210 Posts
Re: does it lower the value of the car if its been in an accident? (Aggieben2004)

hold on dude i screwed that up sorry. what i meant to say was that the insurance company cut me a check later on that day after receiving my letter. the letter is in one of the posts if you wanna use it. heres the link:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zer...39095

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Re: does it lower the value of the car if its been in an accident? (Aggieben2004)

it's funny because that really is such a blond question. of course it lowers the value. that's like asking if my shirt that i ripped is worth less. even though i can have it sewed, it'll never be the same. not tryin to be a dik, just found that question funny.

·
Registered
14,345 Posts
Re: does it lower the value of the car if its been in an accident? (str8-dubn)

Locking this down before the "blonde" jokes get out of hand.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.