VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Says 20HP gain which is all I'm really looking for. I found a place selling them for $286 which is also cool. I have to choose between Autothority or Nuespeed. I was going to go APR or others but the price is too high and I don't want to put so much stress on the turbo. Any opinions?

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
Re: Does Nuespeed P chip suffice as a reliable low boost chip? (ALPHA_NUMERIC)

Got my p-chip put in by the dealer (Under warranty-don't tell anyone). From what I gather it is more than an additional 20 hp, in fact I would say maybe double that but not anywhere near the 50 or so GIAC claims. I have a dyno sheet from Neuspeed but I don't remember, I'll have to dig it up. Over all I have not been as impressed over the past year when comparing to fellow 1.8Ts with either Giac or APR.
On the lighter side it is A LOT better than stock but I would save up and go APR.
As far as waranty v. mods, if you are not going to do any mods maybe you should have gone VR6. The 1.8t really shines with the help of a chip, suspension, and exhaust. When ever I begin to doubt I hop in my friends ATP stage 3. Wooooaaaa . . . . debate over!

[Modified by evilpat, 10:55 PM 4-4-2002]

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Does Nuespeed P chip suffice as a reliable low boost chip? (Boostcreep)

All I'm looking for is enough power gain to be close to or better than the 180HP 02's AND only spend no more than $350. I don't care if it's not as powerful as the APR's etc because I really just want something that will stay safe durability wise and cheap but also reliable.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Re: Does Nuespeed P chip suffice as a reliable low boost chip? (BrandonC)

Brandon,
My friend dyno'd a AWD GTI with a Neuspeed chip, Greddy exhaust and a Neuspeed p-flow to the tune of 180hp and 224.9lbs/ft at the wheels. Pretty close to the Up chip in your car, no?
Alpha, instead of trying to find the lowest power chip, why not just forget the chip thing and install a good exhaust, intake and maybe a dp to get some more power?

·
Registered
4,345 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Alpha, instead of trying to find the lowest power chip, why not just forget the chip thing and install a good exhaust, intake and maybe a dp to get some more power? [HR][/HR]​
This will cost a helluva lot more than just a chip, and won't give nearly as high gains.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Re: Does Nuespeed P chip suffice as a reliable low boost chip? (ALPHA_NUMERIC)

Neuspeed's chip dyno's at 179WHP on an AWW with Neuspeed P-flow and cat back, stock DV and stock DP. The torque was only 186 ft/lbs, this is where Neuspeed has a deficit against GIAC, APR and Upsolute. As far as HP they are all within 10~15 of each other. For the money you can't go wrong. I have had no problems with mine for about 8,500 miles of use so far. Very smooth, feels like a stock program, but with a lot more nut. And by the way it's not low boost, it's a 1.1bar or 16.5PSI chip.

[Modified by HK_PREDATOR, 5:35 PM 4-4-2002]

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Re: Does Nuespeed P chip suffice as a reliable low boost chip? (HK_PREDATOR)

As for reliability, I've got over 30,000 chipped miles & have never had a surge or any other boost issue...
EZ

·
Registered
4,734 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Brandon,
My friend dyno'd a AWD GTI with a Neuspeed chip, Greddy exhaust and a Neuspeed p-flow to the tune of 180hp and 224.9lbs/ft at the wheels. Pretty close to the Up chip in your car, no?[HR][/HR]​
Yep, the numbers are definitely higher, but my dyno was just with the chip. I haven't been able to dyno with the exhaust, but I'm guessing that it would be right up in the same area.
It's also kind of hard to compare between dynos, but anyway.... Most of the Neuspeed dynos I've seen have been lower than the Up dynos I've seen.
It's all down to personal preference and which manufacturer is closer to you.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Re: Does Nuespeed P chip suffice as a reliable low boost chip? (BrandonC)

Every consider the SS BCS.
At 1/2 crank, its running only about 10.5psi boost and is almost identical in power and torque to the AWP cars.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.