VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinking about getting my mom the 6gig one for christmas.. how is it? anyone have it? i can imagine it takes forever to transfer 6gigs over USB... mom has ALOT of mp3's. she already has a rio500 that has 64mb in it.. i was going to get her more memory for it... but this would be cooler...

·
Registered
20,813 Posts
Re: Does the Creative Nomad suck? (turborave)

I have one and really like it. The only bad thing is the sucky battery life but that's because it has to power a hard drive. It comes with an AC Adapter and I use it mostly for taking my MP3s to work, so I plug it in and it's all good.
The transfer speed is not too bad. But if she's going to transfer like 6GB all at once, she might want to get it started and then do something else like eat dinner so she's not sitting there staring and waiting for it to finish.

·
Registered
457 Posts

I think they are good. My sister uses one and she hasn't had any complaints about it. Yeah, the transfer is kinda slow via the USB. The only thing I don't like is that it's a bit on the bulky side compared to the smaller memory players, but with a huge 6 gigs of storage I am willing to over look that
If you want huge, there is a 20 gig version. I'm not sure what version of USB it uses, but I hope it's USB 2.0
If your mom uses Mac you might want to take a look at the iPod. It's nice and slim looking and has 5 gigs of strorage and can also be used as a firewire hardrive. The big disadvantage is the price, $399 is too much. I dunno, I love Macs and always overlooked their high prices but $399 seems unusually high. But it looks so damn cool.

·
Registered
3,497 Posts

I have one and it has worked fine for me so far. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,572 Posts

CAN i get my creative nomad mp3 player to work in my car system? any hook ups i need?

·
Registered
7,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Does the Creative Nomad suck? (MUNICH_VR6)

It has a headfone jack right? if you have a tape player you can get one of those tape adapters... if you have cd player, you can use one of those things that transmit the sound via an FM station they are like 20 or 30 dollars.

·
Registered
20,813 Posts
Re: Does the Creative Nomad suck? (MUNICH_VR6)

The Creative Nomad does work in the car if you use a normal Discman-type adapter that goes in the cassette deck. I have used that before. I have never used the FM adapter but have heard of it and assume that it would work.
TBT-PassatG60: You go right ahead and keep waiting. Maybe they'll screw around just long enough for the FireWire version to come out. Then I would demand it be replaced with the new version since you had to wait so long.

·
Registered
6,742 Posts
Re: Does the Creative Nomad suck? (ChrisMD)

Another thing is some aftermarket head units have an aux jack for such a thing as mp3 player.
I want choices, like 60gig ide harddrive, 10/100 ethernet port ,firewire, IR, scsi, and serial. Needs a cool os like Linux to make it happy. Size, cdplayer size, fatter due to the hd. Anybody know of one coming out that features these? Closest example is the empeg.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts