VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Re: Does VWvortex run Audiworld? (Mr_Ginzo)

Quote, originally posted by Mr_Ginzo »
if so please for the love of God change the format
i can't stand all the REs:

Nope. We have our own Audi site - http://www.Fourtitude.com

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Re: Does VWvortex run Audiworld? (BlueB5'er)

yes, Fourtitude and Vortex Car Lounges are centralized (i.e the same for both forums) along with Swedespeed and MWerks.
As for audiworld, the volume is so high there that it'd be impossible to keep track of threads because they move so quickly, hence the layout.

·
Registered
22,855 Posts

I don't like Audiworld's Slashdot like posting forums, everything looks like ranting and not easy to reply, they should upgrade to a better forum software.

·
Registered
10,616 Posts
Re: Does VWvortex run Audiworld? (WReXinEFX)

I really liked vortex's software, easier to track because the threads gets bumped when it's a popular subject. the Audiworld software reminds me of the newsgroups days, the popular subjects sink to the bottom.
BTW, I thought Audiworld used to be affiliated with VWVortex?

·
Registered
13,898 Posts
Re: Does VWvortex run Audiworld? (vwtoys)

Quote, originally posted by vwtoys »
BTW, I thought Audiworld used to be affiliated with VWVortex?

We were affliated a while ago. Not anymore though.

·
Registered
12,781 Posts
Re: Does VWvortex run Audiworld? (Blue Flame)

Quote, originally posted by Blue Flame »
along with Swedespeed and MWerks.

IIRC, Swedespeed is not linked...

·
Registered
6,935 Posts
Re: Does VWvortex run Audiworld? (Blue Flame)

Quote, originally posted by Blue Flame »
As for audiworld, the volume is so high there that it'd be impossible to keep track of threads because they move so quickly, hence the layout.

Umm how about no. I am on other forums with MUCH more volume than audiworld and its easy to keep track of threads. Vbulletin is great forum software, but zeroforum is alright too.

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
Re: Does VWvortex run Audiworld? (igneousGOlF)

On our VMG sites, Subdriven and Swedespeed have not yet been merged, though that is our intent.
As for the Audiworld forums vs. ours, I find it's all a matter of preference. You'll find guys over there who swear it's better just as you'll find people who prefer ours here. At the end of the day, I think it comes down to matter of preference. I like the functionality of ours a lot better, but I'm not going to fight with someone who thinks the other style is superior. It's just not worth it. People are going to like and prefer what they like and prefer.
As for Fourtitude, yup, that's our new Audi site. I'm pretty proud of it. If you care to share, feel free to pass its presence along to other Audi owners you know. We're pushing hard to have content on there that no one else has, so hopefully those who are interested will find something on there they like.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Re: Does VWvortex run Audiworld? (igneousGOlF)

im a big fan of audiworlds forums because you can quickly skim through a thread and some replies without opening it, of course you can also turn this off and only look at titles, so you might want to do that, it makes it for like this forum. how about some img sigs on vortex huh?

·
Registered
'16 Golf R (wife's) / '21 SQ5 (on order)
40,480 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Mr_Ginzo »
yeah i just realized that, its soo much better then audiworld goodjob http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Yeah, except for that silly name.

·
Registered
4,257 Posts

Audiworld is great. As stated above, many topics can be covered at once. And if you want to track certain threads, you just click the "TT" on the right side of the first post. (TT = Track Thread) Every time you go into that forum, the post will show up at the top if any new posts have been made. There is a learning curve with it, but it is nice software. IMHO, it is easier and faster than vortex.

·
Registered
14,392 Posts
Re: Does VWvortex run Audiworld? (04UberSport_Dolphin)

Quote, originally posted by 04UberSport_Dolphin »
ya and like i said, you can put images in your sig

and that's one of the main reasons why the vortex is better than every other car forum out there. i HATE signatures with all the damn stupid photochopped pics and gifs in em.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts