VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a new 06 Jetta. It came with the Sirius Sat radio installed.
If you turn the volume all the way up, the stereo automatically lowers the volume. Sitting still, noit driving ti does this. Or driving.
Also the Sirius doesn't scroll the text event he the menu is set to scroll text.
Does anyone else experience this? Or is my head unit defective?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Re: Does your 06 Jetta Stereo do this? (mozart11)

Quote, originally posted by mozart11 »
I got a new 06 Jetta. It came with the Sirius Sat radio installed.
If you turn the volume all the way up, the stereo automatically lowers the volume. Sitting still, noit driving ti does this. Or driving.
Also the Sirius doesn't scroll the text event he the menu is set to scroll text.
Does anyone else experience this? Or is my head unit defective?
Thanks

It's not defective.
Check your settings on your radio in the SETUP menu. You can set up the scrolling text and speed control volume (generally, that should affect the volume settings....turn it OFF to not affect your volume). It needs to be able to turn itself up when you aren't moving, that's why it won't let you go any louder because it has nowhere to go.
Press in and HOLD your TUNE knob to get there....then use your owners manual for reference, or IM me and I'll help.
Enjoy your car!

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Re: Does your 06 Jetta Stereo do this? (AliensWanted)

The scrolling text only "scrolls" when you have a title that can't fit on that part of the display. I had set mine and thought it wasn't working until a few weeks later when I had a CD with a long title and it scrolled once through.

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Re: (empGLI)

Quote, originally posted by empGLI »
The scrolling I think only does it like once or twice in the begining of the song and then it stops, kind of dumb.

I don't think it's dumb, as that's what my Alpine does with MP3's in my MKIV. I see it as a "here's the name of the song for ya" when it first starts, as that's when you would look to see if you weren't sure.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Does your 06 Jetta Stereo do this? (AliensWanted)

I have that menu setup to Scroll Text. But neither CD or Sirius scroll. My JVC Sirius scrolls in the house. Smae program in the car, nothing. CD's don't scroll at all either. And an audio CD with track and artist names burned don't show up in the car either. MP3 CD's do.
The volume level automatically lowering is so annoying. Full volume, you continue to carry on a conversation. I sat with the head VW mechanic ( I had an 02 Jetta, so knowing the mechanics on a first name basis is obvious) and he couldn't believe the volume issue either. And didn't know if it was a feature or a defective head unit. He was going to look into it.
I can't believe the scrolling text issue is for cd's only? The whole Sirius thing is about scrolling text. The Stern show or even more so the NFL scores!
VW is just so frigging strange as a company! I'm going to have them change the head unit and the Sirius unit in the trunk.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Re: (thread)

Quote, originally posted by thread »
It's called "anti-clipping" and I think it's talked about in your owners manual. You can't turn it off, it's meant to protect your speakers from overloading and distortion.
The only way I found to get rid of it was to get a aftermarket HU.
Or install an amp for the interior speakers as I plan to do

·
Registered
178 Posts
Re: (VWYankee)

Quote, originally posted by VWYankee »
I don't think it's dumb, as that's what my Alpine does with MP3's in my MKIV. I see it as a "here's the name of the song for ya" when it first starts, as that's when you would look to see if you weren't sure.

still I think scrolling all the time would be more usefull, however whats even worse is that the large letters just say "title xxx" it should say the name there and "folder xx" should actually say the folder that the song is in. I wish there was a way to upgrage the firmware to fix some of these issues...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Re: (empGLI)

This whole text scrolling thing makes me crazy! If it can be done with a MP3 CD (which works fine for me), why cant it scroll text from Sirius?
It's obvious that the Head unit is capable of doing it. It makes me crazy to see partial info from my Sirius channels. You only get partial phone numbers, web addy's, etc. That should be able to be fixed...
Anyone know of a firmware upgrade for these things? Any offical word from VW about it?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.