VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im using the 2h tranny on my 16v swap into my 83 rabbit. i put the tranny back together to spec and put it back on(new clutch and flywheel), it has no tranny fluid yet though (if that makes a dif). i put the new cable on and when i press on the clutch it feels as if its nothing..what do you guys think

·
Registered
6,941 Posts
Re: doesnt feel like my clutch is there. (vr6freak)

if you put a new cable on, then thats the way it should feel
hopefully you used the 8V clutch disk and not the 16v....

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Re: doesnt feel like my clutch is there. (vr6freak)

Check to see if the clutch is actually working. Put the car in gear (with the ignition switch off) and try to roll it with the clutch pedal down.
If the clutch isn't working it's either the cable way out of adjustment, or something not installed right, broken, or missing completely. I have bolted a tranny up before without the clutch pushrod installed, luckily that's as far as I got when I noticed the part laying on the floor. You could also be missing the center part of the pressure plate, my stepfather did that once.
I would hold off on the gear oil until you find the problem (if there is one), if the pushrod isn't there oil will get on your clutch.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Re: doesnt feel like my clutch is there. (The Nothing)

Quote, originally posted by The Nothing »
if you put a new cable on, then thats the way it should feel
hopefully you used the 8V clutch disk and not the 16v....

Well, that is what I currently have in my rabbit, yet I feel everything firm. Yet, when I did the same in my Mk2, it felt like my foot wasnt even hitting the clutch when putting it down. I couldn't tell you what I did differently, but it is weird. As long as it works, shifts, and doesnt make freaky noises, I would assume it is ok http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts