VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Re: "Dogbone Mount" Bushings....Are They *Really* Worth Changing?? (Golfball_Driver)

the z-mount is brutal. from what ive heard.. it rattles the shiet outta the chassis. i got the ES ones with the all three pieces installed. the shifting is a lot nicer then stock.
but for me, thats not enough. the VR rocks badly from side to side. the cure: VWMS side motor mounts! Autotech carries em, and they are not cheap by any means. But the motor will be rock solid. perfect for nitrous

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Re: "Dogbone Mount" Bushings....Are They *Really* Worth Changing?? (KJ-VR6)

the circular one goes in the circular part of the dogbone mount. the little metal sleeve goes inside the circular piece so you can bolt it back to the tranny. its there to stop the bolt holding it in from mashing the circle piece.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Re: "Dogbone Mount" Bushings....Are They *Really* Worth Changing?? (KJ-VR6)

and 4

and voila!
add: the ones inside the mount are easy to take out.. hard to get back together. the circle one: just beat it out! there is no easy way to get that thing out. use WD-40 or my fav: Prolong SPL100.

[Modified by 1BadAzzVR6, 11:08 PM 4-7-2002]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.