VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Re: "Dogbone Mount" Bushings....Are They *Really* Worth Changing?? (KJ-VR6)

and 4

and voila!
add: the ones inside the mount are easy to take out.. hard to get back together. the circle one: just beat it out! there is no easy way to get that thing out. use WD-40 or my fav: Prolong SPL100.

[Modified by 1BadAzzVR6, 11:08 PM 4-7-2002]

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Re: "Dogbone Mount" Bushings....Are They *Really* Worth Changing?? (1BadAzzVR6)

KJ....easy as 1,2,3.....itll take us like 10-15 min. tops to do this, i did it in the dirt w/ ghetto jack and wood supports lol...in 15 min. order up ill do it for

·
Registered
12,171 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Ahhh..so it is as easy as "1 2 3" ? Hmmm...only $16 for all three of these from ES huh? http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif Or is it a bitch getting the black ones out?
[Modified by KJ-VR6, 2:09 AM 4-8-2002][HR][/HR]​
Took me all of 30 minutes to install them. Its not hard at all. Just do it, its only $16 is you dont like them take them out and let you dog use them as a chew toy.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Re: "Dogbone Mount" Bushings....Are They *Really* Worth Changing?? (2kjettaguy)

quote:[HR][/HR]The Z mount is too rough for daily driving IMO, though on the track it performs excellent. I am using the vw motorsport mount. Its a full replacement and cost a bit, but i think its totally classy. Its way stiffer then stock, gives a slight increase in vibration in the cabin, but keeps the engine in place. Especially with the extra bit oftorque I have now
[HR][/HR]​
I have been looking for this. I found a place a while back, but they don't carry it anymore. Do you know where I can get one and 'bout how much are they?

·
Registered
744 Posts
I have a Z-Engineering mount and I drive my car every day and it doesn't bother me. It actually does have hard bushings at each end. The car is a little more rough than stock, but it's no problem. I think most of you are sissys, just go buy Cadillacs.

·
Registered
978 Posts

KJ-VR6,
Which part numbers did you just order? Are they the same for the 1.8T? I want to get some stiffer rubber in there but I am not sure which ones to get. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts

I'll second the vote for the VW Motorsport mounts. They usually retail for $150. Keep in mind that it isn't just bushings you are getting. You are getting completely new and stronger mounts!!! Wheelhop is gone with these and there are no harsh vibrations.

·
Registered
14,715 Posts
Re: "Dogbone Mount" Bushings....Are They *Really* Worth Changing?? (adg44)

quote:[HR][/HR]
I heard the VWMS mount is exactly like stock, but just with stiffer rubber??[HR][/HR]​
Yep. I have a VWMS mount. Glad I bought it. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif It replaces the entire stock mount, metal parts and all.
Just make sure you use new stretch bolts when re-installing the mount.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Re: "Dogbone Mount" Bushings....Are They *Really* Worth Changing?? (Max Rebo)

That's wierd, the ES dogbone inserts I have are black not red. I think black = graphite impregnated to eliminate squeeks. Red = ???
You won't regret it though, I was concerned about vibration and only had #1 and #3 installed. After a few miles, I realized I wanted it "tighter" and the vibration was almost non-existent so I had #2 installed as well.
The whole front end feels way more solid, shifting is greatly improved and wheel hop is greatly reduced. All with next to no vibration. Best CDN$25 I've ever spent on a car.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.