VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do i need to attach my turbo for my car and what are the cheapest things. the turbo i have is from a 2.7t audi. the engine is a obd2 vr6
i know i need a manifold but what kind
fuel management
bov
pipeing
what else would i need

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Re: doing a vr6 turbo (Ohio Brian)

Quote, originally posted by Ohio Brian »

A prayer.

ahhahahahahhahahahahahahahaha
oil feed and return alot of stuff

·
Registered
775 Posts
Re: doing a vr6 turbo (Ohio Brian)

LMAO

u need to do alot of research if i remember right the 2.7t came with a k26 and that is punny small for a vr

·
Banned
9,922 Posts
Re: doing a vr6 turbo (Blak Golf)

Quote, originally posted by Blak Golf »
LMAO

u need to do alot of research if i remember right the 2.7t came with a k26 and that is punny small for a vr

man you need like a bible full of prayers.... a 2.7t came with a pair of K03s, one k03 is almost too small for a 1.8L motor, let alone a 2.8L VR6!!!! even two k03s would be small on a VR

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: doing a vr6 turbo (Anand20v)

well i can get another turbo of larger capacity. list em out im a high school student i get what i can get. prayers really wont help i asked for advice not cocky a** sarcasm. so if u have something that isnt benefitting me or giving me more information about what i should do then dont post.

·
Registered
775 Posts
liscen man u need help, and the fact is people here dont help if u dont do ur part first go on different compagnie websites http://www.vwturbo.com for example and look at what they use in there kits, then go buy urself a couple books read what u can, then check the FAQ section on the FI section and after all that if u still have more precise questions im sure people here will help u out, and do urself a favor and sell that turbo or put it in the trash that thing isnt for VRs

·
Registered
99 Posts
Re: (Blak Golf)

i got an answer for the fueling and managment part.. check out c2motorsports and talk to chris... def. two thumbs up on his products and support. i use his managment on my daily driver vr6t and it is totally reliable, not to mention fun and fast
.. hope this helps

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Re: doing a vr6 turbo (GvTdIuVbR6)

Quote, originally posted by GvTdIuVbR6 »
What do i need to attach my turbo for my car and what are the cheapest things. the turbo i have is from a 2.7t audi. the engine is a obd2 vr6
fuel management
bov
pipeing
what else would i need

If you need to know what you need to "attach" your turbo to your car, and you want to find the CHEAPEST stuff possible, you need to spend some more time on here doing nothing but reading reading and more reading. go buy the "Maximum Boost" by Corky Bell and read it cover to cover. You can also talk to some people on here, I've found Gavster and nater to be extremely helpful. I'm not trying to be a dick but if your going into this project and you don't know what you need to put it together, your going to have a hell of a time installing it. And remember, cheap and turbo are never in the same sentence. Good luck http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: doing a vr6 turbo (95GLS)

see u guys are helpful. telling me i need a bible full of prayers doesnt tell me shiat. when i said what i needed i meant besides a manifold the turbo, boost controller, bov, fuel management and such. i know about turbos and how they work but i know how to put them together on hondas cause all my friends drive hondas so i didtn know if i needed anything special for a vr so i figured id ask the wortex and the first group of people told me nothing, the second group told me something. what to read and who to ask this helps. i understand the turbo isnt a good one but its free and if it gets me 10 hps thats more then i had before and i can always upgrade the turbo later. but if it wont even give me that then someone tell me cause then its not worth it.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts

For the time and effort it'd take to install that k03 from the 2.7t and get it tuned right, it wouldn't be worth it. It's just much too small. Look at the t3/t4, straight t4, t3/t04e, to4e, etc. Theres a lot of choices out there, and depending on how much HP you want to make, when you want the power to come on, etc. is how you will pick the turbo you need.

·
Registered
913 Posts

Quote, originally posted by GvTdIuVbR6 »
fuel management
bov
pipeing
what else would i need

Ok, I take it you don't want to take the whole educational route so..
1) Call EIP.
2) Get their recommendation on what stage you should get according to the hp level that you want.
3) Buy a kit and find a qualified installer or do it yourself.
None of this putting a kit together yourself at this stage. The first time source a complete kit. After that you can piece one together once you understand what is necessary.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: doing a vr6 turbo (WMTJ)

money is the issue. i understand what i need to do so peicing wouldnt be a problem for me cause i know many people who i could talk to around here. but the vortex is my easiest source. my tranny blew up like 2 weeks ago so all my loot is going to that. but i would def rather do a whole kit and i would liek to have around 300 hp give or take 30 to 40 hp in either direction and i know that turbo is to small. thank u for ur help and input on the situation tho it is helping me alot figure out what i should do whether or not i should just wait or what.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Re: doing a vr6 turbo (GTibunny16v)

Quote, originally posted by GTibunny16v »
If you dont have alot of money, DONT TURBO YOUR CAR. It becomes a money pit quickly.

I started with a 2K dollar investment last summer... Im now into it 7-8G's, and I just blew it up... w00t

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: doing a vr6 turbo (BubonicCorrado)

i dont have money right now cause of the fact of i ahvent had a job in 3 months. but im gettting a job at my local volkswagen dealer in less then a month so i will have money soon

·
Registered
807 Posts
u live in warwick , im from seekonk ma , about 10 mins from u , i am starting to build a vr6 in a couple of months to transplant for next summer , let me know how yours goes

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Re: (Fedawg)

You def need to search these forums alot and pick up a copy of Maximum Boost.. If you dont have a decent amount of money dont even bother.. it will come back to bite ya in the ass

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: (VRBTCHCAR)

ya, would it be more worht to save up a bit more and just do a supercharger cause they are more reliable but not as much power. either way i need more power

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Re: (VRBTCHCAR)

Quote, originally posted by VRBTCHCAR »
You def need to search these forums alot and pick up a copy of Maximum Boost..
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 20 of 26 Posts