VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Rejoining the VWVortex Community - Please review the following thread: Here

17421 - 17440 of 17448 Posts

·
Registered
2 Turbo Wagons.
14,897 Posts
I'm not sure how else it would work on steel wheels aside from being weight based. There is no non rotating part to reference.
While the caliper isn't the weight... there's probably one rolling around in there somewhere.

I'd be more concerned about the fake part of the tire. Aggressive cornering, and you'll crub your fake sidewalls.

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
It's a very cool concept that addresses the flaws with the hubcaps that have "disc" brakes but no caliper. From a side-only view they even look very convincing, but you can't get over the bulging look from all other angles.

The ad really connected to me for some reason:

·
Registered
44,091 Posts
Wow. I don't know if that's the absolute most tasteless car modification ever, but it's waaaaaay far on the right of the bell curve. :banghead:

What a maroon.

·
Registered
34,271 Posts
I wouldn't even spend $5 on that abomination.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
:banghead::screwy:

People do really goofy things!
A very good friend in Dallas owns a very profitable, established, reliable body shop (he does everything from fender benders, to paint correction and bodywork for high end dealerships, it's not unusual to see his people working on a newish Bentley or Aston Martin, or collectors' classic cars). He does an insane amount of vinyl roofs for both individuals and dealers to this day. I always give him a hard time about it, but he's had that steady income stream for damn near 40 years now... :laugh:

·
Registered
82,484 Posts
A very good friend in Dallas owns a very profitable, established, reliable body shop (he does everything from fender benders, to paint correction and bodywork for high end dealerships, it's not unusual to see his people working on a newish Bentley or Aston Martin, or collectors' classic cars). He does an insane amount of vinyl roofs for both individuals and dealers to this day. I always give him a hard time about it, but he's had that steady income stream for damn near 40 years now... :laugh:
Is there any practical reason to do that in Dallas?
Does it help keep the cabin cooler?

·
Registered
967 Posts
A very good friend in Dallas owns a very profitable, established, reliable body shop (he does everything from fender benders, to paint correction and bodywork for high end dealerships, it's not unusual to see his people working on a newish Bentley or Aston Martin, or collectors' classic cars). He does an insane amount of vinyl roofs for both individuals and dealers to this day. I always give him a hard time about it, but he's had that steady income stream for damn near 40 years now...
Money doesn't buy taste, it buys the right to say idgaf!

Sent from Mars Ingenuity in flight using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
17421 - 17440 of 17448 Posts