85,877 Posts

·
Registered
85,877 Posts
Yeah, those Tundra wheels are hideous.

·
Registered
48,745 Posts
Some Tesla charging stations are now going wireless.

• Haha
Reactions: 3L3M3NT

·
Registered
48,745 Posts

·
Premium Member
Bunch of Crappy VWs
5,036 Posts
Someone really didn't want an extended warranty!

I think this speaks to a bigger issue than just him. Our government's refusal to do anything about spam calls is causing a breakdown in systems that rely on phone calls, because people's natural response to getting spam calls is to just stop answering the phone if it isn't somebody they know. I know this is true for me. I won't answer if I don't recognize the number. And then only half the time will bother listening to a voicemail if one gets left.

·
Registered
48,745 Posts
I think this speaks to a bigger issue than just him. Our government's refusal to do anything about spam calls is causing a breakdown in systems that rely on phone calls, because people's natural response to getting spam calls is to just stop answering the phone if it isn't somebody they know. I know this is true for me. I won't answer if I don't recognize the number. And then only half the time will bother listening to a voicemail if one gets left.
I have 3 numbers that get forwarded to my phone so I get a ton of junk calls. With my iPhone and T-Mo, they often identify calls as spam calls and I never answer those. Then I get a text message of the voicemail which allows for a preview and a very quick delete without having to take the time to listen to the voicemail.

But the hiker even ignored text messages, which is pretty dumb.

·
Registered
40,607 Posts
Someone really didn't want an extended warranty!

First thing I thought of was "Jeez, what an idiot. You're lost but want answer the phone!??!?!"

Turns out he wasn't... but why didn't he call where he was staying?
The hiker told authorities he had lost his way around nightfall and “bounced around on to different trails trying to locate the proper trailhead” before finally reaching his car the next morning, about 24 hours after setting out on the hike.

·
Premium Member
'08 Saab 9-3, '66 Vespa
8,781 Posts
Our government's refusal to do anything about spam calls is causing a breakdown in systems that rely on phone calls, because people's natural response to getting spam calls is to just stop answering the phone if it isn't somebody they know.
If any politian from any party with any other policy ideas about other topics ran on a platform of prioritizing ending these spam calls, I'd vote for them. They even call my desk phone at work and interrupt whatever I'm working on like 2 or 3 times a day.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
same. the local radio station had one of those "text us for a chance to win $1000, and we'll call you back in 5 minutes if you're the winner" contests about a week ago. wife and I were in the car, I heard the contest jingle and texted, they called back from a number I didn't recognize, I ignored it, they left a message saying I should have answered, wife listened to the voicemail and smacked me. 🤷‍♂️ :LOL:

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
same. the local radio station had one of those "text us for a chance to win $1000, and we'll call you back in 5 minutes if you're the winner" contests about a week ago. wife and I were in the car, I heard the contest jingle and texted, they called back from a number I didn't recognize, I ignored it, they left a message saying I should have answered, wife listened to the voicemail and smacked me. 🤷‍♂️ :LOL:
Ouch!
I get those calls in waves – I don't get them for a few weeks and then 10x for a few days in a row, so it's likely I would have done the same.

·
Registered
85,877 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: 3L3M3NT
18041 - 18060 of 18111 Posts