VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
1999 MKIII GOLF Mi, 2018 Sentra Nismo
3,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this on my youtube feed, he got his trx on Jan 7th and two days ago he took it for a small jump.....

Viewer discression advisory.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Geez this guy has a lot of $$$ to trash cars with, considering you can option the TRX up to somewhere around $100,000. I am well aware of how well its suspension system is set up though. But even its Bilsteins can only take so much before they call it quits.

·
Premium Member
43,449 Posts
Geez this guy has a lot of $$$ to trash cars with, considering you can option the TRX up to somewhere around $100,000. I am well aware of how well its suspension system is set up though. But even its Bilsteins can only take so much before they call it quits.
the views will repay for the damage/new one. its no different than when people would "drop test" new iphones that just came out

all about them views

·
Registered
2016 A6, 2014 X3, 1967 Bus, 1963 356
22,626 Posts
1. Have YT channel w/1M subs
2. Buy $100K TRX
3. Cause thousands worth of damage making crazy YT video
4. Collect views, merch sales, underpants
5. ???
6. Profit

And this is how it'll be. Crazy world we live in.

·
Registered
7,355 Posts
I'm actually kind of impressed how well it handled that landing. It looked like it landed on the PS front first which puts a lot of force in one spot. It probably helped that it was soft, muddy soil and not hard pack.

·
Registered
BMW M3, Mazda CX-5, Ford E350, motorcycles
2,259 Posts
2. Buy $100K TRX
5. ???
6. Profit

There's always been no-talent grifters making a buck off of their stupidity. Now they just have a bigger audience. Not that you don't already know this.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
I'm actually kind of impressed how well it handled that landing. It looked like it landed on the PS front first which puts a lot of force in one spot. It probably helped that it was soft, muddy soil and not hard pack.
Yeah, in the lead up I was thinking that he was going to collapse the front passenger suspension. I can't imagine the whole cab isn't tweaked though looking at how that rear glass went, it may be a salvage vehicle at this point.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Kinda want my click back, but the data point of the truck taking that kind of right front impact and still rolling is a fair takeaway I guess.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
2. Buy $100K TRX
5. ???
6. Profit

Encouraging people to beat the **** out of their cars and pickup trucks. Better look out cuz she's coming to get you

·
Registered
2016 A6, 2014 X3, 1967 Bus, 1963 356
22,626 Posts
There's always been no-talent grifters making a buck off of their stupidity. Now they just have a bigger audience. Not that you don't already know this.
Yeah, just amazing how easy it is. No need to get picked up by a TV channel, have a talent agent, get sponsors, etc., all you need is a camera and a YouTube account.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
How did I know it was going to be Streetspeed717 while he did probably ruin a new TRX he is a genuine car guy.

He jumped a brand new Raptor off the same "ramp" and it only broke a bed mount and dented the front skid plate. He took way more speed in the TRX though :Dhes crazy haha(y)(y)

·
Registered
13,544 Posts
Rich people doing expensive activities in a "safe" area that won't hurt innocence. No problem by me.... USA currently need more economic injection from the rich.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
He's a good dude, been doing some crazy stuff with his cars for a while and does really good giveaways. His first jump was with his new(er) Raptor...that was really fun to watch. Also, his hot wife drives the Lambo SUV. Give him a chance, his content is pretty solid, especially his Corvette stuff with his neighbor Rich.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts