VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

21 - 40 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
34,891 Posts
I'm actually kind of impressed how well it handled that landing. It looked like it landed on the PS front first which puts a lot of force in one spot. It probably helped that it was soft, muddy soil and not hard pack.
Yeah I don't know why everybody is being so hard on this guy. The TRX is billed as the ultimate street legal offroad truck you can buy from a dealership and holy smokes, that thing got slammed HARD into the ground, nose first and was just like mildly bruised, but otherwise unphased. I'm blown away. I feel like that would have absolutely wrecked any other vehicle for sure but the TRX shook it off.

Yes, I'm sure soft ground helped some but look at how hard it whipped the nose back into the air and how much it twisted the whole frame on the landing. That was an astonishingly hard hit to just drive right though like it was only mildly annoying to the truck.

I approve.

·
Registered
702 Posts
The goal of an airplane pilot is to make the landing soft. It think the goal here is just the opposite. :oops:

🍺

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
How did I know it was going to be Streetspeed717 while he did probably ruin a new TRX he is a genuine car guy.

He jumped a brand new Raptor off the same "ramp" and it only broke a bed mount and dented the front skid plate. He took way more speed in the TRX though :Dhes crazy haha(y)(y)
I speculating he didn't realize how fast he was going just because the TRX was so much better on the lead up than the Raptor was. Kind of like the guy that rolled his JCW GP3 in his yard rallying it.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Yeah I don't know why everybody is being so hard on this guy. The TRX is billed as the ultimate street legal offroad truck you can buy from a dealership and holy smokes, that thing got slammed HARD into the ground, nose first and was just like mildly bruised, but otherwise unphased. I'm blown away. I feel like that would have absolutely wrecked any other vehicle for sure but the TRX shook it off.

Yes, I'm sure soft ground helped some but look at how hard it whipped the nose back into the air and how much it twisted the whole frame on the landing. That was an astonishingly hard hit to just drive right though like it was only mildly annoying to the truck.

I approve.
Guarantee a bunch of **** is bent, and that vehicle is basically junk now. Control arms, frame tweaked, the glass popped out so I bet nothing is square anymore.

Honestly.... I really don't care if people trash their cars for YT views.... HOWEVER... I want to know who these people have insurance through, and I hope somebody reports them. I've seen so many dumb people absolutely destroy expensive vehicles due to poor decision making, and I guess everyone else just foots the bill when their insurance company covers it? Seems like BS.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Guarantee a bunch of **** is bent, and that vehicle is basically junk now. Control arms, frame tweaked, the glass popped out so I bet nothing is square anymore.
And it will soon get some minor cosmetic repairs, and be for sale at a used car lot “low mileage, clean CarFax........” :(

🍺

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
i guess there are many diffirent ways to burn money. He's turning a serious profit so...who am I to judge.

still think it's dumb af tho

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Nothing is Real
1,797 Posts

Honestly.... I really don't care if people trash their cars for YT views.... HOWEVER... I want to know who these people have insurance through, and I hope somebody reports them. I've seen so many dumb people absolutely destroy expensive vehicles due to poor decision making, and I guess everyone else just foots the bill when their insurance company covers it? Seems like BS.
I thought the glass broke from the tires flailing around mid-air? You could be right but it looked like the pano roof and the windshield were unharmed.

·
Registered
'94 Corrado/ '07 997tt/ '18 GC SRT
27,614 Posts
I thought the glass broke from the tires flailing around mid-air? You could be right but it looked like the pano roof and the windshield were unharmed.
The extent of the damage is purely a guess by everyone in this thread. In fact, it sounded like in his next video he was going to get into the state of the TRX. I mean the ground looked super soft anyway, so I wouldn't be so sure of total carnage. But I guess if people are interested, they should watch his upcoming videos.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
RS3, JKU
18,691 Posts
The extent of the damage is purely a guess by everyone in this thread. In fact, it sounded like in his next video he was going to get into the state of the TRX. I mean the ground looked super soft anyway, so I wouldn't be so sure of total carnage. But I guess if people are interested, they should watch his upcoming videos.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Be sure to like, comment, subscribe, and smash that notification bell!

·
Registered
281 Posts
mildly bruised, but otherwise unphased. I'm blown away. I feel like that would have absolutely wrecked any other vehicle for sure but the TRX shook it off.

That was an astonishingly hard hit to just drive right though like it was only mildly annoying to the truck.
He posted a followup video and frankly the truck is completely trashed if not totaled. THOUSANDS of dollars in visible damage including the most of the front end, both shocks came out of their mounts on the skid plates, rear window,etc, That's just visible stuff. Frame is probably bent (he conveniently doesn't really mention that) as the bed hit the cab I don't think there are any videos of the passenger door being open after that hard front landing.

I mean that was the whole point of the video (driven home by him putting a hammer through the fender of a $100K truck on purpose), but the idea you can jump a stock truck like that and get away with it is very false.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
He posted a followup video and frankly the truck is completely trashed if not totaled. THOUSANDS of dollars in visible damage including the most of the front end, both shocks came out of their mounts on the skid plates, rear window,etc, That's just visible stuff. Frame is probably bent (he conveniently doesn't really mention that) as the bed hit the cab I don't think there are any videos of the passenger door being open after that hard front landing.

I mean that was the whole point of the video (driven home by him putting a hammer through the fender of a $100K truck on purpose), but the idea you can jump a stock truck like that and get away with it is very false.
1 million views would be 2-40,000, depending on ads and video length and number of ads. All of which are controlled by the creator.

·
Registered
6,921 Posts
Yeah, just amazing how easy it is. No need to get picked up by a TV channel, have a talent agent, get sponsors, etc., all you need is a camera and a YouTube account.
I can disagree with this. I've been making vids on youtube for 4 years. No sponsors, no monies, no free products, just a lot of hard work and time sacrficed. Youtube is 70% luck, 20% having a collab with a big name in your field,10% who you connect with on the journey, and 100% suffering until you get picked up by the algorithms.

·
Registered
2016 A6, 2014 X3, 1967 Bus, 1963 356
22,601 Posts
I can disagree with this. I've been making vids on youtube for 4 years. No sponsors, no monies, no free products, just a lot of hard work and time sacrficed. Youtube is 70% luck, 20% having a collab with a big name in your field,10% who you connect with on the journey, and 100% suffering until you get picked up by the algorithms.
One could say the same thing about traditional showbusiness though.

21 - 40 of 102 Posts