VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we had a decent snowfall the other night, the first of the season for us.. which of course means it is mandatory that I go out in the middle of it and find a nice big parking lot to screw around in
I've got Nokian Hakka Q's on steel wheels, and I can get some pretty good traction.. but I can still manage to crank out some very impressive donuts.. I had the snow flying so high that I couldn't see out any of the windows! I just wish I had it videotaped for your viewing pleasure.. maybe next time
but I think I inadvertently packed snow somewhere inside my wheels, because the car has developed a very annoying shimmy around 70 mph.. it actually feels like I'm sitting in a vibrating chair on the lowest setting
anyone else ever have this happen? I assume it'll go away once the weather gets above freezing and the snow melts

· Registered
191 Posts
Re: donuts in the snow (JoeFriday)

ya i have some great stories of doin donuts. once my bro was video taping while i was doing donuts and my friend opend his window and i swung the car around the same time and about 15 shovel fulls of snwo came into the car right on his face pretty bad.
well about the wheel shacking that means u usually have snow build up in the rim.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.