VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so my belt tensioner had a melt down Sunday at around 1 am.
It was bith late and cold so I just got it towed to the stealership to get fixed. Anyway I get it back and am driving it home when I hear this very faint robot voice like sound,
and it sounds just like my door chime only much much quieter. the the volume goes up and down but not very clean like it's all distorted. Anyway I check out the door switches and what not and when I push it in it shuts off. so I'm like WTF

anyone have any ideas to shut this thing up? has it happened to you? Should I just pull the fues thingy and be done with it or dig to see what the problem is?
TIA

· Registered
4,509 Posts
Re: Door chime is going crazy! It sounds like old 80's rap robot voice! (MOJETTAISBETTA)

Quote, originally posted by MOJETTAISBETTA »

I don;t understand this

Men Without Hats is the band, the song is "we can dance"...80's dude

· Registered
2,175 Posts
Re: Door chime is going crazy! It sounds like old 80's rap robot voice! (Moe Sizlack)

Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto, domo (domo) domo (domo)
Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto,
Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto.

I AM THE MODERN MAN WITH PARTS MADE IN JAPA..... MEXICO

· Registered
598 Posts
Re: Door chime is going crazy! It sounds like old 80's rap robot voice! (derek95)

Quote, originally posted by derek95 »
Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto.

I AM THE MODERN MAN WITH PARTS MADE IN JAPA..... MEXICO

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

· Registered
109 Posts
well. mine did this one time i had the sensor out and not put it back in properly. It was raining and the connection got moist, thats when it started sounding al crazy. i took it out and let it sit, and then made sure everything was dry before i put it properly back!

· Registered
177 Posts
Re: (torrence)

Quote, originally posted by torrence »
well. mine did this one time i had the sensor out and not put it back in properly. It was raining and the connection got moist, thats when it started sounding al crazy. i took it out and let it sit, and then made sure everything was dry before i put it properly back!

Whatever he is talking about..the exact same thing happened to me last night...in the first full rain of the season...the little crazy robot voice came out of the speaker..
What sensor did you take out???

· Registered
129 Posts
Re: Door chime is going crazy! It sounds like old 80's rap robot voice! (MOJETTAISBETTA)

theres a little black cube thing down by ur hood release button
pull it out

hit it with a hammer until u cant tell what it is anymore
problem solved
i did this the same day i bought my car i F*cking hate that thing

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.