VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replace my passenger-side door handle with a "corrado" door handle i got from a Volkswagen junkyard. The only noticable difference between the new handle and my broken hand is the length of the plastic part that moves down when you open the door.
Now, I've lowered my window many times since installing it; however, today, for the first time, I unlocked the car from the passenger-side. After doing this, the passenger-side window wouldn't go down all the way, especially on the back part of the window, and started making scraping noises when I put it up.
Also, one more thing, I forgot to grease the locking mechanism when I installed the new handle. What do you guys think the problem is? Do you think I dislodged the windrow from the track? ... broke something?
Thanks,

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: door handle causing window problems? (K-Rod)

bump... do you think the window got caught on the door cable?

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
Re: door handle causing window problems? (jhayesvw)

Quote, originally posted by jhayesvw »
i recently replaced my driver side door handle. luckily i am very careful when doing things and i noticed that i had the door handle wire routed incorrectly. it would not let the window go all the way down. this would have broken my window regulator and or my handle. i rerouted it and all is fine.
check the routing of your wire.

Same deal except I must have broken one of my clips for the wires. My window came down and I blew the fuse to the locks and windows. And what a ***** to get to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts