VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,941 Posts
This post is like IKEA furniture assembly instructions. I’m assuming you want to find chrome handles? Use your words….

If so, I’d bet early Scirocco handles would be the same, but no guarantee.

-Todd

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This post is like IKEA furniture assembly instructions. I’m assuming you want to find chrome handles? Use your words….

If so, I’d bet early Scirocco handles would be the same, but no guarantee.

-Todd
after looking at it, your right I shoulda put in some more effort;) problem is I went to replace the OG handles and purchased some chrome ones, then found that the barrel did not work with mech. I then purchased the locking mechanisms to fit the door handles and THEY didn’t fit the door jam. Do you know of a solution? Would like chrome handles that actuate the mech on the door currently (brass).

·
Registered
6,941 Posts
Start by telling us what the car is. All I can tell is, old.

People used to swap the guts of the later handles, into the early handles, to get chrome. Not sure if that’s possible with what you bought.

I’ve got a box of early chrome handles, somewhere….

-Todd

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Start by telling us what the car is. All I can tell is, old.

People used to swap the guts of the later handles, into the early handles, to get chrome. Not sure if that’s possible with what you bought.

I’ve got a box of early chrome handles, somewhere….

-Todd
1976 rabbit, I tried swapping guts but yeah not possible. Thanks for the assistance, I’m learning that it’s not all plug and play.

·
Registered
6,941 Posts
I’m pretty confident the early Scirocco handles would be the same. I’ll see what I have, but have a good feeling the chrome won’t be perfect.

There’s a lot of differences, between early and late model Rabbits.

-Todd

1 - 7 of 7 Posts