VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is for the guys who wanted info on the door lock delete from my previous thread.
I picked up the parts from the VW parts dept.
The cap is part # 3b4-839-879-GRU
The metal housing is part # 1k4-839-167
They look like this, the cap is primerd.

There is a little plastic cap, pull it off with a flat head screwdriver. It will look like this.

you need a size 20 torx screw driver, they have them at home depot. Turn the bolt inside until the small cap with the key hole comes loose, open the door handle a little to pull it out. It will look like this.

I painted my cap with paint that does not match... it will be fixed soon. The cap just pops onto the metal housing. The metal housing just slides into the spot where the old key hole was.

Then you just tighten it back up with the torx driver... and your good to go. I hope this answers everyones questions.
Here is the semi-finished product.

· Registered
3,267 Posts
Re: (aces)

i did this mod a long time ago and wondered how id reprogram too.oh what would happen if the battery for the car went dead or the remote's battery????lol,well thank good i still got my lock out kit from 3 years of towing but what about you guys????

· Registered
629 Posts
Re: (KelsoBaloine)

Quote, originally posted by KelsoBaloine »
People could always use a d.i.y. how too!!! post it up in the mk2 forums they will appreciate it!!! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

I'll probably do it this weekend if I have time. Everybody likes a DIY

· Registered
2,411 Posts
Re: (littlegreek)

Quote, originally posted by littlegreek »
i did this mod a long time ago and wondered how id reprogram too.oh what would happen if the battery for the car went dead or the remote's battery????lol,well thank good i still got my lock out kit from 3 years of towing but what about you guys????

· Registered
MK3 Golf CL
3,782 Posts
Re: (littlegreek)

Quote, originally posted by littlegreek »
i did this mod a long time ago and wondered how id reprogram too.oh what would happen if the battery for the car went dead or the remote's battery

Couldnt you just keep the piece you removed and put it back in if that happened?

· Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
whicked! I too laugh at rain!
p.s. the last time my battery died... and I needed a boost I could still press the button to unlock my trunk to get my cables and open the door... at the time I didn't even think about it... so... I guess they use very little power?... somebody help me out...

· Registered
3,267 Posts
Re: (KelsoBaloine)

that just meant the battery was half dead,not enough to turn the starter but just enough that you can work the power doorlock and trunk lock actuators.if the battery was completely dead,how would you open the door?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.