VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
everytime i lock my car from the outside (my driver side lock knob won't go down) the doors lock but i hear a stressing sound coming from the back of the car. whats back there maken this noise? aare the lil green men inside getting tired?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Re: door lock relays? (IMNOBUG)

could be a bad lock actuator... my gas flap actuator went buh bye and i remember that it didn't sound right before that happened. The central locking system works on a vacuum so if everything else unlocks properly then i'd bet it's the actuator

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: door lock relays? (VR6_Roman)

where are these blasted things? the sound comes from back there where the gas door is but i never noticed it when releasing the gas door. are they all back there or something? i don't have a bentley manual or anything to look this up

·
Registered
1,149 Posts

I always thought it was the trunk lock actuator. I mean, with the keyhole in the trunk in the "unlocked" position, it still locks (pushing it in does nothing) when you look the doors via key.
I thought this was a normal sound... my car makes alot of sounds that are much higher priority on the list

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: door lock relays? (diegs)

hhmm with it in the unlocked postion without the key in it won't open but with the key in it will open. never tryed unlocking the doors from the outside then tryn to open the hatch with no key. o well it sounded like a odd electronic struggling noise and i don't want my car to burn down. i worry alot.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts

4 Vacuum assisted actuators total,1 in each door,1 in hatch & 1 in right rear panel for gas door.
The Motor/Pump is mounted in a foam enclosure inside the right rear panel,behind the shock tower.
There are NO relays.The switches in the door send + pulses to lock or unlock,and the pump has a internal control unit to make the motor spin in to apply pressure,or vacuum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts