VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I closed my driver's side door today and it continued to think that the door was open and has continued to think that the door is open. If anyone knows where the sensor for the door position is and how to replace it on the cheap any help would be greatly appreciated as that damn buzzer going off for 10 minutes after I start my car is driving me mad! :banghead:

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Could be ur ccm or that your locks got wet, u could try sparying your latches, especialy the hatch. With electrical conection cleaner, and also idk if this aplys to our cars but make sure fuel door is not poped

·
Registered
14,826 Posts
Same thing happened to me not too long ago. I actually just took out the light in the bottom of the door that lights up when you open it and it stopped the problem.

I know that isn't the permenant soultion but it's what I did for now because it was annoying as all hell driving around with that awful beeping noise. Especially when I turned my lights on and it was a constant drone.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Huh that's strange about the light. Did your car lock with the keyfob after that? I have to manually lock my door now. I heard somewhere that there was a toggle switch on the B-pillar that goes bad on early MK4's but I don't have the slightest clue on where to go about buying one or how to remove it if that's the problem. Ah well, I'll start the troubleshooting process tomorrow

·
Registered
14,826 Posts
Yeah it locks with the keyfob just fine after I did that.

Before though I couldn't even lock my door with my key for fear that it would randomly think someone was trying to open it and then the alarm would go off. That was even worse. And I'm not sure about the there being a switch on the pillar.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Damn that's what I was afraid of. I guess I'll try using some contact cleaner tomorrow, and pulling the light if that fails. If not then I am off to eBay, thanks for your help guys. Someone said Welcome To Hell in my first post, I guess this is how it all starts lol :facepalm:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.