VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The passenger door speaker is not working in my son's MKIII Polo. The speaker itself works when tested on another radio and the dashboard mounted tweeter is OK.
The wires from the door speaker (blue & brown/blue) are connected to the multi-pin connector on the A pillar. On the other side of this connector (under the dashboard, I found an unconnected flat female plug with the two speaker wires attached.
I had hoped that I could just push this into what looks like an empty socket on the back of the connector and all would be well. However, the plug seems too big to go in the hole.
Because of the connector's position I can only really view it with the aid of a torch and a mirror, so can't see exactly what's what.
I'm posting this in the vain hope that somebody may have some knowledge of this multi-pin connector and how the connections are made.
TIA

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Door speaker wiring puzzle (CDude)

Problem solved. The pinkish cover on the multipin connector was slighty out of alignment and was preventing the speaker plug from entering the socket.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.