VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this doesn't partain to the engine, but hopefully I can get some help here. Some months ago in the winter, my door switches went out (windows on both sides, and mirror adjuster). I didn't care cuz I dont need to adjust my windows, and I dont use the windows in the winter. Now my AC went out a week ago, and I'd rather have windows working than AC, so what do I check/replace? I was told its a fuse or similar inside the door panel, but I didn't want to take it apart without knowing what to look for. So, what can I do (other than pay 1 hour labor for diagnosing, then more for parts and installation
) http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif TIA

·
Registered
7,841 Posts
Re: door switches dont work? (OoVWoO)

i dont think there are any fuses in the door
where you want to check first is the 30 amp fuse located above the relays that are found above all yer other fuses. do the power window switches still light up? if not then its probably the secret fuse above the relays

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: door switches dont work? (runhopskipendub)

d'oh, I meant relay, I was told there might be a relay on the drivers door that is in charge of the window and mirror motors, this was a suggestion from a non-Corrado driver, bu I'm gonna finish replacing my fuses now that you reminded me

1 - 3 of 3 Posts