VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my drivers side door wont close. the little latch thing doesnt lock down at all and my door just stays open. does anyone know how to fix this? i need a quick fix because i currently have it tied down with a bungee cord.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Re: door won't close :( (zero.)

This happened to both of my front doors then my rear trunk went. I had it taken to the dealership, they found out it was my vacumes, or some poop. But thats the story, please let me know what happens.

·
Registered
15,575 Posts
Re: door won't close :( (veedubbinNy)

The vacum is the lock...he is saying that the door does not latch at all...I know there is a little spring activated bar on the door....sometimes it gets forced to the closed position when the door is open, so then you try to close it and it just bounces. You have to try to open it with a screw driver (pry it down) so that it pops out, ready to be close. I hope that makes some sense...
Sean

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Re: door won't close :( (EuroStyle)

quote:[HR][/HR]The vacum is the lock...he is saying that the door does not latch at all...I know there is a little spring activated bar on the door....sometimes it gets forced to the closed position when the door is open, so then you try to close it and it just bounces. You have to try to open it with a screw driver (pry it down) so that it pops out, ready to be close. I hope that makes some sense...
Sean[HR][/HR]​
I second this answer to the problem

·
Banned
4,652 Posts
Re: door won't close :( (blue98jettavr6)

Same problem happened to me bout a month ago. Call 1-800-VW-PARTS. I got the door latch shipped to my house for 60. BUt they only take money orders

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: door won't close :( (HavocRacingVW)

i see what you mean. the little silver bar thig moves back and forth freely, but i cant get it push back all the way. what exactly should i be doing? pushing it down with a screw driver or trying to pop it up?

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

nevermind....i figured it out and got it working again. thanks. i thought i was going to have to take it to the stealership.

·
Registered
15,575 Posts

Was it push down or up?
Sean

·
Registered
404 Posts

I had the lock latch thing problem also I have a 95 Gti Vr ummmmmm I had the problem of the latch stuck shut thus the door could not latch. It did not just move up or down with pry form a screw driver I had to actually pull the out side handle out while I pry with the driver and that's what worked for me.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]nevermind....i figured it out and got it working again. thanks. i thought i was going to have to take it to the stealership.[HR][/HR]​
You gonna tell us what the deal was so when it happens to one of us or what?

·
Registered
7,433 Posts
Re: door won't close :( (Sebeck1)

THis happened to my 95 Jetta last summer. The passenger door just wouldn't latch closed. Turns out the latch just keeled over and stopped holding on. I replaced it with a used part from the wreckers.

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: door won't close :( (Lexi)

i just pushed down on the latch where the end of it is attached to the inside of the mechanism. i just pushed down and towards the back to move it back in place. it's kind of hard to describe.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts