VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok,
just a wee question that i need help on, can you fit the golf Mk1 doors ie hard top ones on to a golf Mk 1 soft-top ie by cutting the top frame off.
Its just i cant get two good soft-top doors but i know a guy that has two hard top doors that are new and still in the VW packaging.
Thanks
Mike

· Registered
800 Posts
Re: Doors for Mk 1 soft-top (Mr Joshau)

Theoretically they should fit as the convertibles were just 2-door rabbits that had the tops chopped off.
you might have issues making the windows roll up and down properly, and sealing against the doorjamb... but I've never even heard of someone doing this so I dont' know.

· Registered
157 Posts
Re: Doors for Mk 1 soft-top (Mr Joshau)

I understand Spares are expensive in you part of the world / ISLAND we are spoiled over here with cheap cars/parts/fuel
anyway I digress
You probably could fabricate the hard top doors to work....using great care
if you dont have your bent up originals as your dimensional example if
email me I can send you pics of bare soft top doors to help the fabrication/cutting issues
best wishes

edited for clarity

Modified by A1 Cabriolet at 7:31 PM 1-16-2004

· Registered
800 Posts
Re: (CodyC)

Quote, originally posted by CodyC »
ive got 2 vertible doors in good shape

have fun mailing them to the UK!...
not to bash on you for offering parts, I'm just saying Glasgow is a LONG ways from Ohio (how can you tell I've had problems shipping parts Internationally...
)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.