46,293 Posts
Re: (VWJETTACOUPE)

Quote, originally posted by VWJETTACOUPE »

reminds me of my jetta

· Registered
3,999 Posts
Re: (robs91jett)

Quote, originally posted by robs91jett »
How about some real-life pics for proof (I <3 Steffan wheels...)

Hopefully this is all the proof you need... and satisfy your love for the BCWs!!

· Registered
3,999 Posts
Re: (VDub2625)

Quote, originally posted by VDub2625 »
Yay. The new-old-thing-with-a-new-name. I saw this on Mk3s and laughed. Now I cry.

not sure what this means, but I would not call it a new thing. Steffan BCWs have been around for a long time and are really popular here in Germany. Though mostly with the 14x8 or 14x8 and 14x9 set up.

· Registered
12 Golf 2.5, 99.5 Cabrio GLS
48,809 Posts

I mean the whole wide wheel thing. it's been popular for a while, and now that it has a name it's super cool.
"Down-and-out" indeed.
Let me say that I don't mind the fad itself, just that fact that everyone jumps on the bandwagon with a name. An Mk3 crowd-created name at that!

Modified by VDub2625 at 8:03 AM 8-21-2006

· Registered
3,999 Posts
Re: (VDub2625)

Quote, originally posted by VDub2625 »
I mean the whole wide wheel thing. it's been popular for a while, and now that it has a name it's super cool.
"Down-and-out" indeed.
Let me say that I don't mind the fad itself, just that fact that everyone jumps on the bandwagon with a name. An Mk3 crowd-created name at that!

Modified by VDub2625 at 8:03 AM 8-21-2006

gottcha, but I did not get these rims because of that. I fell in love with them years ago here in Germany. I just love the deep dish they are nice and wide, and have a very classy old school look to them. My wife finally bought them for me and shipped them to the states. Here in Germany I could be considered a bandwagoner to the steffan BCW crowd... then again not a heck alot have the 14x9 14x10 set up, still it is popular. However in the states, not so... I did see a guy once with 14x10 widened steelies on the vortex, but that was with either 215 or 225s on it. In the USA if 255/35/14s are a bandwagon trend, I believe I am the only one on that wagon... unless some are hiding somewhere...
If I am riding a bandwagon it is slammed with some Deep dish rims and wide tires!! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
12 Golf 2.5, 99.5 Cabrio GLS
48,809 Posts

haha, no offense to you, I know it's a longstanding European thing, and you spend more time in Germany then here
I remember seeing the whole wide, small wheel thing on here a year or two ago- and people laughing. My, how times change. What I meant was this is not new, and I'm fine with it. it's the bandwagoning of the term I'm not fond with. I find it kinda stupid myself, and always associated it with Mk3ers

Sorry, I have not been down for my nap yet today.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.