VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im doing a downpipe install and i found a DIY on the internet
http://www.ottawa-vdubbing.com...13394
ya wow it seemed easier reading about it than doing it. i mean i took off the four bolts off the turbo which didnt seem too bad (limited space) but then getting the downpipe out of the reducer that does into the rest of the exhaust was ridiculous. i couldnt even get it out. so i cut into
Image Hosting
ya i cut into the little bitch and got the exhaust apart and it all came out.

now all i got to do is put the new downpipe on and get new rear piping because its badly rusted with my car at 75,000 miles

·
Registered
208 Posts
Re: Downpipe again (bwalzywolfsburg)

yes but do you have to get it heated up to remove the dp and cat. and do you need to weld it to put it back or an you clamp it? I need to do something like this because my flex pipe is leaking. Id love to try to find a solution to do it myself

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Downpipe again (daves_1.8t)

no just clamp it. i got a megan racing i will be putting on since the whole exhaust isnt there. but ya after you remove the old one and put back the new one you want to just clamp it. just incase you need your stock downpipe back on. having a bad ass reducer piece is freaking crazy when you can just clamp it and make sure it goes no where. i wouldnt weld it. because then if you need to remove it, your screwed and have to cut into the piping. i had to remove my whole exhaust just to get my downpipe out. and i found out the rear exhaust piece after the resonator was rusted near the connection at the muffler

1 - 3 of 3 Posts