VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive decided to get my downpipe off of ebay as i can no longer justify spending 600$ on a piece of pipe(thx APR) Ive been hearing alot about people deleting the cat and putting the test pipe in its place? would this greatly increase cabin noise moreso if i left the cat on? any real big numbers out of these 2?

· Registered
5,401 Posts
Re: downpipe and test pipe to loud?? (eveibz)

If it's mating to the rest of the stock exhaust, then no, you will not notice that much of a difference, if any.

Modified by McBee at 7:11 PM 3-22-2010

· Registered
7,622 Posts
Re: downpipe and test pipe to loud?? (eveibz)

Local guy http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Just delete the cat. Do you have software? If not then i would also suggest getting a rear o2 sensor spacer. Btw the ebay downpipe is very quiet mated to the stock catback but if you put your foot down it can also give off a little growl

· Registered
187 Posts
Solution option for loud downpipe!!!!!

Lots of posts here about guys wanting that extra power that a downpipe provides ,but ca'nt stand the noise.There is an alternative system . A y pipe hook up that by the flick of a switch or by remote control ,gives you 30 more hp and torque at the wheels ,yet during idle and regular running ,is same as stock.Go to quicki time performance for details .For 150 to 250 bucks you
can have your cake and eat it too.

· Registered
1,101 Posts
hardly a difference going with a catless downpipe, when mated up to factory exhaust. Idle sounds about the same, no notable increase in volume. When you stomp on it, you can hear the turbo spool more, and volume goes up a bit. Not much.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.