VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Re: downpipe (ianfromdaygo)

The angle of the flange is different. The dasher manifold's flange points straight down, while the flange on TT's manifold is angled toward the rear of the car. Get a dasher manifold if you can find one, it's a more direct flow.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Re: downpipe (Evilclown)

quote:[HR][/HR]...Get a dasher manifold if you can find one, it's a more direct flow.[HR][/HR]​
However, I think I heard somewhere that the TT manifold is from a larger displacement engine and thus has larger ports etc. But that may be just hearsay. Has anyone bought a TT manifold for their Fox?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Re: downpipe (FOXisVW2)

quote:[HR][/HR]However, I think I heard somewhere that the TT manifold is from a larger displacement engine and thus has larger ports etc. But that may be just hearsay. Has anyone bought a TT manifold for their Fox?[HR][/HR]​
Nope. The ports are the same size on all 8v VAG engines. Unless you're talking about the exit ports, in which case: The TT manifold is widely believed to be the one from the early model Audi 4000, which has the same size ports as the Dasher piece.

[Modified by Evilclown, 8:08 PM 2-1-2003]

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Re: downpipe (Evilclown)

quote:[HR][/HR]Nope. The ports are the same size on all 8v VAG engines. Unless you're talking about the exit ports, in which case: The TT manifold is widely believed to be the one from the early model Audi 4000, which has the same size ports as the Dasher piece.[HR][/HR]​
Oops. I did not mean the ports in the head. In the manifold, I guess the word is passages or passageways.
Are you saying that you have compared the TT (early 4000) and the Dasher manifolds side-by-side, and that they have the same size passageways?

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Re: downpipe (FOXisVW2)

quote:[HR][/HR]Are you saying that you have compared the TT (early 4000) and the Dasher manifolds side-by-side, and that they have the same size passageways?[HR][/HR]​
That's what I'd say.
By the way, I have seen the manifold TT sells with my own eyes with an OE pipe on an early 4000. Their manifold is, without doubt, the early 4K.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.