VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I must be losing my mind, because I cannot locate the downstream O2 sensor on my TT RS, despite having the diagram pointing to exactly where it is. Specifically, the "Oxygen Sensor (O2S) Behind Three Way Catalytic Converter (TWC) -G130-", according to the tech manual.

I know the upstream ones are in the engine bay. Found those no problem, but not downstream. I crawled all around the underside of the car, to no avail.

Anyone replace this before that can point me in the right direction (with images, preferably) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

EDIT: I think I have slightly one-off TT manuals that were confusing me, and for the RS, in fact both sensors are *only* in the engine bay. There are no O2 sensors under the car attached to the exhaust in this particular case. Can anyone confirm this? If you're really nerdy, I was looking at "Edition 08.2010", which appears incorrect for my purposes. "Edition 05.2011" is correct.

User Error, as they say.

·
Premium Member
2013 Audi TT RS; 2019 VW Golf R
8,885 Posts
I must be losing my mind, because I cannot locate the downstream O2 sensor on my TT RS, despite having the diagram pointing to exactly where it is. Specifically, the "Oxygen Sensor (O2S) Behind Three Way Catalytic Converter (TWC) -G130-", according to the tech manual.

I know the upstream ones are in the engine bay. Found those no problem, but not downstream. I crawled all around the underside of the car, to no avail.

Anyone replace this before that can point me in the right direction (with images, preferably) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

EDIT: I think I have slightly one-off TT manuals that were confusing me, and for the RS, in fact both sensors are *only* in the engine bay. There are no O2 sensors under the car attached to the exhaust in this particular case. Can anyone confirm this? If you're really nerdy, I was looking at "Edition 08.2010", which appears incorrect for my purposes. "Edition 05.2011" is correct.

User Error, as they say.
you're correct - there are none downstream of the cats

1 - 2 of 2 Posts