VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after 1 year of ownership and 80,000 miles on her this is the first big problem I have. It's funny because this car is driven 120 miles a day during work days. Tomorrow I'll be driving it in 4th gear for 15 minutes via the manual book to see if I can burn the soot on my way to work, wish me luck will report back when I get at work

·
Registered
419 Posts
yeah my gf's TDI is a round-the-block grocery getter and it's a tdi... im amazed the DPF light hasnt thrown yet. good thing the warranty is good to 126K miles (currently at 45 :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: after driving the car 70 mph in 4th gear the dpf light disappeared. So far so good will update when something comes up again. If people are wondering 4th gear going 70 mph puts you around 3000 rpm, I'm a 6 speed manual

·
Registered
419 Posts
Update: after driving the car 70 mph in 4th gear the dpf light disappeared. So far so good will update when something comes up again. If people are wondering 4th gear going 70 mph puts you around 3000 rpm, I'm a 6 speed manual
I was going 95 in 6th in my gf’s DSG TDI the other day for about an hour, ~3100 RPMs. Since hers is a city grocery getter, whenever we take 1hr+ trips to the beach or anywhere, I try to take her car so it can clean itself out.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
If you're driving 120 miles a day, Im surprised if that DPF light doesn't pop back up soon.

What phase of Phase 2 emissions update do you have? If it's just the O2 sensor (2A) and you're on the first DPF/SCR/DOC, you may be right at the point where you'll get Phase 2B, which should make the emissions system last until the end of the warranty.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you're driving 120 miles a day, Im surprised if that DPF light doesn't pop back up soon.

What phase of Phase 2 emissions update do you have? If it's just the O2 sensor (2A) and you're on the first DPF/SCR/DOC, you may be right at the point where you'll get Phase 2B, which should make the emissions system last until the end of the warranty.
not going to lie i have no idea what phase the car is, the dealership told me that they did the emission update prior to selling their diesel cars

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Under the hood by the firewall should be a sticker with either phase 1, phase 2A or phase 2B.

When did you buy the car? was it new, or used as a buy back?

Chances are you prob just have phase 1, if you keep getting DFP light time to call up the dealer and have them make it right.

Reactions: surfstar

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Under the hood by the firewall should be a sticker with either phase 1, phase 2A or phase 2B.

When did you buy the car? was it new, or used as a buy back?

Chances are you prob just have phase 1, if you keep getting DFP light time to call up the dealer and have them make it right.
Will look underneath the hood tonight, I got the car last year as a certified car from vw dealership.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here is the pic of the emission sticker

So what should I do next? Just realize it's only partial should I call the dealer i bought the car from and tell them they only did half of the update or just keep driving it until the dpf light shows up again

1 - 10 of 10 Posts