VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

261 - 280 of 811 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Re: Family drag wagen (85Golf12v)

the problem is the 3.6's torque curve. on stock tires I was spinning from about 2000rpm-redline in first, and 4500rpm-redline in 2nd. If you let off or back off at all the tranny will upshift.

·
Registered
37,452 Posts
Re: Family drag wagen (BMan1113VR)

Might want to try a bigger dr like a 235/60/15 or the M&H DOT cheaters in that size. Beware the M&H's hook like a slick. Nice time for a big car.
I know in my wife's 04 1.8 tip I can't footbrake it. If I pedal it too long, when I launch it closes the tb

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #264
Re: Family drag wagen (burnt63)

Just saw these on honda-tech...
who are these characters? i dont recognize the cars

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Re: Family drag wagen (need_a_VR6)

Quote, originally posted by need_a_VR6 »
the bottom one used to live on the east coast and I can't remember his name for the life of me.. Dan?

looks like todd's(turbodub) old 16vt.

·
Registered
16 Posts

well those are 235s on a 17x8 inch rim. . .was looking at nitto 245's but could not get them in time

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Re: Family drag wagen (turbodub)

sorry todd, please accept my sincerest apologies. in my own defense, i looked at the pics on my work computer quickly. i saw the same color as yours and proceeded to misinform. long time, no chat...how have things been?

·
Registered
4,873 Posts

Quote, originally posted by BMan1113VR »
the problem is the 3.6's torque curve. on stock tires I was spinning from about 2000rpm-redline in first, and 4500rpm-redline in 2nd. If you let off or back off at all the tranny will upshift.

put it in Tip hold the throttle on the floor. it won't shift until it hits redline or you bump the stick up.. I tried running our Tip in drive and in Tip... best i could do was 16.0 in drive... in tip i've hit a 15.7. Both in the same night. It was shifting too soon in drive and in tip it seems to shift a bit to late but the times were faster so... that 3.6 is another beast though. Its worth a shot anyways.

Modified by 85Golf12v at 4:48 PM 4-3-2007

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Re: Family drag wagen (oversteervw)

Quote, originally posted by oversteervw »
sorry todd, please accept my sincerest apologies. in my own defense, i looked at the pics on my work computer quickly. i saw the same color as yours and proceeded to misinform. long time, no chat...how have things been?

haha apology accepted! actually the more i look at it it really does look like my old car when i had big bumpers on it. however that exhaust out the fender would never happen!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Re: Family drag wagen (85Golf12v)

Thanks for the help, but I have tried that, the darn throttle response with fly by wire system make it impossible to know when the power is going to kick in and toast the tires. this thing makes ridiculous torque.
Thanks for the help though.
Going to the track on Friday and Saturday, I will keep you guys updated.

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #274

cool pic my roomate just finished up for me of my whip...sorry for the ****ty pic http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by GTIStile at 11:26 PM 4-4-2007

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #276

Quote, originally posted by need_a_VR6 »
Delete the sidemarkers it's easy on paper.

...but 10x cooler in the MK3 forum

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
Re: Family drag wagen (GTIStile)

i know u want to loose more weight but common drawing it on paper wont help and why does it look like a mk2 with a mk3 front? lol. some people just wanna be soo anna-rex-sic.

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #278
Re: Family drag wagen (fourthchirpin)

ey ey ey, cut me some slack here...it looks more lively on paper than it does siting in my driveway, pollen covered and not have started in months
gotta start somewhere

261 - 280 of 811 Posts