VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,721 Posts
Re: Drag racing tickets (LO-vw)

Well didn't get a ticket directly for drag reacing but I got caught doing it. Got caught racing someone and ende dup getting a reckless driving ticket, got it reduced to a careless ticket. I was clocked at 90 in a 45. If you want more info e-mail me, cause we do not condone street racing here, and because of this incident I'll never do it again!!
Mike

·
Registered
2,750 Posts

in PA, it is a 260 dollar fine, 5 points on ur liscense, and loss of lisc. from 6 months to a year. If ur a real jerk to the cop, they will look for rim size on the sticker in ur doorjam, illegal tint, exhaust noise or no cat, allong w/ any illegal power addes. Seen some kid w/ a 1st gen awd dsm get nailed, and act disrespectful to the cop. He got nailed for everything--> illegal tails, rims, having nos that was "on", window tint, wreckless driving, speeding, illegal street racing, no cat, etc. he got raped hard, and deservably so since he was a prick about it. My friend who got nailed racing him just got hit w/ illegal racing (260 fine, loss of liscense), but got off on some technicality.
For michigan, im not to sure how it runs. My friend went to kettering Univ. for automotive engineering, and he got nailed in his nova for racing. Only difference is his nova runs 9.90's at 135mph of pure detroit fire breathing 482 bb chevy monster
Ill ask him what happened.
In any case, C.Y.A. and go to the track. ur in michigan, i know they got tons of tracks up there. here are just a few- http://www.milandragway.com/ and http://www.lapeerdragway.com/
plus u got the AutoCity Speedway in Mt. Morris. I know my friend did laps in a rental Lowe's truck for the hell of it. Oval track u can run around http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
hope this helps

·
Registered
18,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Drag racing tickets (vw16vcabby)

wow thats sweet thanks for the help. i also am trying to get into kettering unv. if i get in maybe i will see him and his nova, i want to build one of those up real bad!!.
well if u could let me know what happened to him. i called today on the tickek and he said thier is no set fine yet so i dono what that means. i guess it is a new ticket. i also have a perfect record untill now :\

·
Registered
3,189 Posts

I got busted 6 months ago for it. It was stupid and I'm not normally a street racer and of course I got nailed.
The ticket was approximately $180, 3pts, and that was with driving school.
I don't go more than 5mph over the limit and I sold the "race car" so as not to attract that kind of attention. I'm an old man now from that ticket.
On a happier note, plans have been made to buy an MK3 GTi VR6 for the 1/4 using a big direct port shot or possibly turbo. N2O would just be more fun. (And a better chance of being sponsored.)
Steve

·
Registered
13,721 Posts
Re: Drag racing tickets (ssvr6)

Mine ended up coming down to careless driving, which was 2 points and a 120 fine, which to me was just amusing. My ticket for parking in a handicapped spot was more then my ticket for doubling the speed lmit and racing illegally on a public highway...only in America!! Oh my record was clean up until then so I plea-bargained it down and FYI they told you there isn't a set fine cause the judge sts the fine, meaning you have to goto court, so dress nice, and get there early and talk to the prosecutor
Mike

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Re: Drag racing tickets (VWMike81)

My buddy got a $460 ticket for doing 85 km in a 50 zone. It was in the same week that 4 teens died in seperate racing accidents though. It's getting bad though, There's been close to 10 racing/speed related deaths here in the past 6 weeks or so, so the cops are starting to get real mean (and rightly so) when it comes to youths excessively speeding.

·
Banned
6,742 Posts
Re: Drag racing tickets (vwrus)

Get a lawyer. Then get a Valentine. Just got mine a week ago. Already paid for itself. My driving record is a mile long. Last ticket I got, the judge told me that based on my driving record, she would not reduce the ticket any. That was the second time I've heard that. The points may fall off, but in court they can see it all. Including the first ticket I got when I was 17!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.