VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a new alpine cd receiver installed in place of my factory unit and I've been having problems with the battery draining. I had a buddy online onvortex that told me he had the same problem and simply switched back to the factory and all is well! Is there some kind of connection issue and is it because my unit is defective, a wire connection, or because it has 45X4 watts?! please help! i appreciate it!
another feature added!
Corrados Rule!

·
Registered
25,208 Posts
Re: draining battery!?! help!! (PinoyG60)

If you have a removable faceplace with big numbers or lots of "lights", you may want to remove it if the car is going to be sitting for any period of time.
My Clarion has those big blue numbers that actually pull a slow drain from the battery. After several days of sitting, you can notice the slower cranking speed before it starts. Pulling the faceplate before the car sits for extended periods of time alleviates the problem.
Dunno if this is the case in your situation, but it may be something to consider.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Re: draining battery!?! help!! (PinoyG60)

lucky for you, you bought a head unit which has a cool feature,, if you press the display toggle switch while the unit if off you can turn the display on and off,, so instead of removing the plate every time you step out of the car you can just set the display off, and when the unit's actually on you see the FM station/CD track number rather than the time.. does that make sense?

·
Registered
25,208 Posts
Re: draining battery!?! help!! (DrMSH)

quote:[HR][/HR]lucky for you, you bought a head unit which has a cool feature,, if you press the display toggle switch while the unit if off you can turn the display on and off,, so instead of removing the plate every time you step out of the car you can just set the display off, and when the unit's actually on you see the FM station/CD track number rather than the time.. does that make sense?
[HR][/HR]​
I'm confused. Were you referring to Pinoy's Alpine, or my Clarion?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.