VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
window clips finally failed on my 99.5 Jetta and dealer states manual windows are not covered under extended 7-yr warranty because they are MANUAL windows
anyone else have this issue? I'm trying to contact VW of America right now

·
Banned
32,385 Posts
Re: Dreaded broken window clips, dealer fighting warranty claim (texas-hooligan)

VWOA should approve this...warranty extension is 7 years, unlimited miles, regardless of owner(s).

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Dreaded broken window clips, dealer fighting warranty claim (texas-hooligan)

VW of America denied claim saying it doesn't apply to manual windows. Complete BS if you ask me as they use the same damn clips as the electric ones.

·
Forum Sponsor
583 Posts

When I got mine replaced, they said if your windows had the plastic retaining clips than they would be replaced under warranty.
If they had the new metal retaining clips, than no, those were not covered. They said nothing about manual or automatic windows.
Maybe the manual windows had the metal clips I dont know.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

my manual windows have the plastic clips and they are both broken
looks like I'm going to buy the parts and fix it my damn self

·
Registered
28,779 Posts

Quote, originally posted by texas-hooligan »
window clips finally failed on my 99.5 Jetta and dealer states manual windows are not covered under extended 7-yr warranty because they are MANUAL windows
anyone else have this issue? I'm trying to contact VW of America right now

If you got the window regulator clip warranty extension letter in late 2002, read it to see whether it is limited to power windows.
Also, VWoA should be able to tell you.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Re: Dreaded broken window clips, dealer fighting warranty claim (tjl)

The manual windows use the plastic clips. They use the same regulators.
Richard

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I have the letter and it does not specifically state manual windows are excluded. After getting the run around from VW and the dealership I purchased the clips for $50 and did the job myself tonight (thanks in large part to this website!).
I'm going to write a letter to VW and send copies of the receipt, maybe I'll get lucky and they'll reimburse me. If not, lesson learned and I'll move on.........

It just ticks me off that the EXACT SAME PART is used for both electric and manual windows yet the only want to cover the electric ones. Stupid, stupid, stupid

Modified by texas-hooligan at 8:28 PM 7-7-2006

·
Registered
49 Posts

Where can I find those clips? VW dealer says I have to buy the whole regulator.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts